Last modified: Nov 18, 2016
Support shall be as specified below. These terms are subject to change in the reasonable discretion of D2L. Support fees are set forth in the applicable Order.
- Authorized Support Contact Name(s) (ASC). Client shall provide name(s) of its Authorized Support Contact(s) (ASC) to D2L. Authorized Support Contact(s) will have privileges to log and monitor Application assistance, help desk and remote support, Upgrades, fixes, and other services set out in this Support Schedule (“Support”). Authorized Support Contact(s) may access D2L’s client website (www.Brightspace.com) for information about how to obtain Documentation and available Upgrades. The Authorized Support Contact may contact D2L Support up to the number of queries, or user-identified concerns about Applciations (“Incidents”) specified below in section 11 based on the level of Support selected.
- Support. D2L provides Support to Client during the times specified in the tabled below in section 11 based on the level of Support selected. Support is available to record Incidents, explain the functions and features of Applications and clarify the contents of Documentation. Incidents may be submitted through D2L’s web-based portal, or using a predefined D2L Support email address, or by calling the D2L helpdesk.
- Remote Access. To allow D2L to assess Incidents in the Applications, Client shall use reasonable efforts to permit D2L remote access to Client’s systems.
- Additional Authorized Support Contact(s); Number of Contacts. Additional Authorized Support Contact(s), beyond the one(s) currently included in the Order, are available at additional cost.
- Escalation. If D2L is unable to resolve a request in a reasonable length of time, or if the priority or severity of the request changes due to external factors, the request will be escalated. D2L support may request additional information to assist in the understanding of the problem. Escalation may require further research by the Help Desk, consultation of other D2L support staff members, and/or consultation with the D2L development team.
- Other Services. Client may not use Support for services other than Support. Services not identified in this Schedule, including training, implementation, modifications, configuration and communications, will be charged at the Rates, except for out-of-pocket and per diem expenses.
- Language of Support. All Support will be provided in the English language unless agreed otherwise in the Order. If Support is provided in another language without written agreement or modification through an Authorizing Document, then there is no guarantee of follow-up or to provide further Support in a language other than English.
- Termination. Support is terminated when the Agreement expires or is terminated.
- Reinstatement. If Client is in default for payment under the Agreement, D2L may, at its option, (a) charge a reinstatement fee to reinstate Support and charge for future Support according to D2L’s then-current support policies; or (b) decline to provide Client Support.
- End Users. If Client elects to purchase optional End User support, End User Support for questions about Applications will be available to Client’s End Users via the options listed in the table in section 11 based on the level of support selected.
- Support Features Table
|D2L Online Community Access||24x7x365
|Incidents included per Year||60 (each additional incident is $225.00 USD)||Unlimited|
|Approved Support Contacts||1 ASC||2 ASCs||3 ASCs||5 ASCs|
|Hours of Support||8:00am to 8:00 pm EST Mon-Fri||24x7x365||24x7x365
|Reporting and Review Meetings|
|Cloud Performance Dashboard||n/a||n/a||Yes|
|Root Cause Analysis Reporting||n/a||n/a||n/a||Yes|
|Historical Incident Access||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Support Review Meetings||n/a||n/a||Semi-Annual||Quarterly|
|End User Support (if selected)|
|End User Support Access||n/a||chat, email, and web||chat, email, web and phone||chat, email, web and phone|