Making learning better. How cool is it to have millions of people using your code everyday!
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
How will I make an Impact?
We’re looking for experienced Software Developers who’ve been working three or more years in the tech field and who are passionate about developing software and employing engineering best practices. You’ll use your experience and know-how to enable teams to be more productive and effective through the code they write, the decisions they make, and the knowledge they share. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we’re building the right technology and effectively advancing our goals.
Love how you do it
- You’ll work on an Agile development team which includes Developers, Test Developers, Designers, a Product Manager, and a Development Manager
- Teams can tackle any problem in any area, ensuring exposure to a variety of problems and technologies
- All members of the team contribute to the definition, requirements, development, and testing of the problems we are solving
- Our team has many high potential junior members who would benefit from your strong technical mentorship
What is D2L looking for from me?
Your experience is important, but most of all we are looking for people who are quick to learn, passionate about what they do, and are eager to collaborate with others to create innovative products that will delight and inspire our users. In general, we are hoping:
- You’re passionate about our users and are their advocates in the development process
- You collaborate effectively, helping your teammates to grow and develop their technical and non-technical skills
- Strong understanding of Computer Science topics, including data structures, algorithms, databases, and distributed systems
- A body of work demonstrating a consistent ability to complete technical challenges
- Familiarity or experience with at least some of the technology we use, including C#, Java, AWS, serverless applications, SQL and NoSQL databases, Java script, web components, Node.js
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline
Why D2L Vancouver is awesome!
- Flexible work hours and environment, currently allowing working from home and/or in the office
- Brand new collaborative (and dog-friendly) office environment
- Amazing views of Vancouver and harbor from dedicated top floor of historic Marine Building with private outdoor balconies
- Central downtown location, close to transit hubs, restaurants, and pubs
- Free secure bike parking and shower, with available (for extra charge) clothes dryers, full bike wash, and executive bike room
- Diverse and friendly group that schedules time to socialize over cake and games
- Foosball tables, video and board games
Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.