The Senior Content Marketing Specialist is an experienced writer, editor and content creator with a unique talent for producing and assigning both long and short form content.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Senior Content Marketing Specialist is an experienced writer, editor and content creator with a unique talent for producing and assigning both long and short form content. You have experience writing and editing website copy, blogs, customer success stories, white papers, and in-depth research reports. A data-driven content marketer, you understand how to intelligently grow organic traffic in ways that support both business growth and brand awareness goals. (SEO is an acronym that makes your heart race—in the best of ways.)
You’ve managed a content calendar, owned content creation for successful blogs (ideally in the EdTech sector) and know how to measure content’s efficacy to inform future output and/or capitalize on existing optimization opportunities. An experienced editor, you’ve managed writers (both in-house and external) and helped elevate content quality by implementing best practices that enable a content team to scale in sustainable ways (think blog briefs, resources and tools, etc.). You are constantly cooking up ways to deliver engaging content across the marketing funnel and are super comfortable working cross-functionally to get the job done.
How will I make an impact?
- Write and edit blogs, customer success stories, infographics, white papers, evaluation guides, video and audio scripts, podcasts, ROI studies and research reports
- Develop an always-on content strategy and manage a content calendar that supports and enhances demand generation initiatives and campaigns
- Work with our social media and communication teams to amplify content through owned, earned, and paid channels
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to gather the insights necessary to deliver impactful content
- Develop and execute traffic-generating content ideas based on SEO research, competitor research and internal feedback and requests
- Continually optimize blog content for search and help to develop an ongoing SEO strategy
- Pull and analyze key metrics to measure the effectiveness of your content efforts, and use that analysis to inform and improve content creation
- Manage third-party writers and industry experts to produce top quality content at scale
- Oversee content production and project management for a small internal team of writers, keeping deliverables on track and teammates happy
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of copywriting, content marketing or journalism experience
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing or related field preferred)
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience using content marketing tactics to grow organic traffic and generate leads and sales
- Experience managing a robust content calendar and a small team of content creators
- Strong experience with search engine optimization
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize projects and communicate priorities to stakeholders
- Experience with the education market is a bonus
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.