D2L’s mission is to deliver products that change the way the world learns. This position ensures that these products are safe, secure, and respect users’ privacy are key elements of achieving this mission. The InfoSec team at D2L has a mandate to deliver these elements and ensure that our customer's data and D2L's intellectual property are secure.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
D2L’s mission is to deliver products that change the way the world learns. Ensuring these products are safe, secure, and respect users’ privacy are key elements of achieving this mission. The InfoSec team at D2L has a mandate to deliver these elements and ensure that our customer's data and D2L's intellectual property are secure.
The foundation of our security posture is the adoption of relevant standards and practices which will provide the necessary guidance and controls to achieve our security objectives. Maintaining these standards, developing supporting practices and services, and driving adoption of relevant controls and methodology, is a complex and ongoing initiative. To achieve this looking to fill the Security Program Manager role.
The Security Program Manager is responsible for the establishment, elaboration, and management of key projects and initiatives related to D2L's InfoSec and Compliance program.
How will I make an impact?
- In co-ordination with the Manager, Information Security, you will design and manage multiple, concurrent projects, based on PMI best practices, across the InfoSec group. You will also lead the InfoSec groups reporting initiatives, delivering relevant, tailored content to all D2L audiences.
- You will champion the adoption of automation and machine learning within the InfoSec group, ensuring that they can respond to security events in a fast and effective manner.
- You will work closely with the leadership, strategy teams and stakeholders to translate the organizational strategy, business/market requirements, and higher-level compliance strategy into a cohesive plan to improve our overall security posture.
- You will be an evangelist for relevant services offered by the InfoSec group and other teams (Legal, IT, etc.), and be responsible for the socialization and adoption of these services across D2L. By leveraging existing tools and processes such as the GRID and Mirrormere, this roll-out can be delivered in a non-overwhelming fashion, and can be easily measured, in terms of adoption and on-going compliance.
- You will clearly communicate the larger security vision and specific product requirements across the organization, from senior executives to individual team members.
What you will bring to the role
- 2+ years of experience in software product management
- 2+ years of experience in information security, with a focus on risk assessment and security standards
- Ability to fully own initiatives. Self-motivated and can operate and execute with a sense of urgency, discipline, decisiveness and focus
- Proven ability to meet or exceed assigned targets, budgets and deadlines
- Ability to deliver project outcomes (e.g., resources and services) consistently to all stakeholders
- Understand and articulate stakeholders’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems and opportunities they face, and how they could use our service(s) to address them
- Proven ability to confidently and clearly communicate both technical and business topics to a variety of groups, including D2L senior leadership team, designers, architects, and developers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Work together with Security experts to define requirements and controls that are specific, relevant, measurable, and achievable
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of Engineering, Design, Architecture, Product Management, and Marketing, among others
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Establish, elaborate, and manage key projects and initiatives related to D2L's InfoSec and Compliance program
- Assist in the development of budget for projects, weighing project goals against established business goals and objectives
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.