The Sales Operations Specialist role provides support to regional sales teams on how to run their business effectively by leveraging the appropriate sales tools and processes.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Sales and Marketing Operations Analyst role provides support to regional sales teams on how to run their business effectively by leveraging the appropriate sales tools and processes. Through their weekly reviews with regional sales team members, this role plays an important part in ensuring that the data in the pipeline is accurate and can be confidently leveraged for corporate reporting and decision making. This role also provides the opportunity to contribute recommendations for efficiency improvements in sales tools and processes and to collaborate cross-functionally on building and implementing these solutions.
How will I make an impact?
- Identify areas for improvement in current sales tools and processes and work with the Sales Operations Leader and cross-functional teams to recommend and build solutions.
- Participate in weekly forecasting calls with regional sales team members to review their CRM pipeline for accuracy and completeness of data, provide guidance on any corrections and follow up on any changes required.
- Generate reporting when necessary for sales and operations management, providing insightful analysis relevant to the request.
- Monitor data quality within the CRM system and work with regional sales teams and other internal cross-functional teams to address the root cause of any quality issues and resolve them.
- Facilitate meetings effectively by managing the agenda, the meeting content and quality, the action items, the action owners and the follow-up activities.
- Create and maintain sales tool and sales process resources.
- Provide day-to-day support for regional sales teams.
- Process transactions in the CRM system that impact sales compensation.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years experience in a Sales Operations capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to build and manage strong relationships cross-functionally across all management levels and roles to collaborate and execute effectively.
- Strong attention to detail in daily tasks and projects, while also having the ability to see beyond the individual tasks and understand the broader impact and implications of activities on other cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Power Point) as well as CRM systems (Salesforce or Microsoft preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably Business or Communications.
- Relevant experience in technology industry preferred.
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office (Kitchener)
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.