We are seeking a People and Culture Coordinator to support our our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Talent Management, Learning and Development initiatives
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
About The Role
As the successful candidate, reporting to the Senior Talent and Inclusion Manager, you will have the opportunity to support our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Talent Management, Learning and Development initiatives as well as provide support to our Talent Acquisition. Our People & Culture Coordinator must have superb organizational skills, well developed time management skills and a passion for learning new technologies!
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging and fun HR opportunity in a growing organization, this position is for you!
How Will You Make An Impact?
- Partnering with our Senior Talent and Inclusion Strategist in key talent strategy and diversity and inclusion initiatives including but not limited to:
- Providing coordination for diversity and inclusion focused learning sessions and events
- Assisting in the creation of communications, newsletters, tool kits and other resources
- Assisting with the project coordination for the launch of an employment equity program
- Research on best practices and trends on talent strategy and diversity related topics
- Assist with career mapping project and other initiatives aimed to support employee career growth, development and internal mobility
- Help with the planning of People and Culture team events, off-sites, employee milestone celebrations and team engagement activities
- Assist with quarterly turnover reporting and analysis
- Provide support to our Talent Acquisition team by:
- Assisting with coordination activities for D2L’s Co-op and Early Talent recruitment such as interview scheduling, event coordination, and creating new ideas to attract and engage top talent
- Assist with conducting phone interviews for open positions
- Provide support for operational items such as reporting, process, systems and policy reviews and alignment, template updates
- Supporting internal learning and development initiatives including program development, content creation and program support
- Supporting the SVP of People and Culture with various People and Culture initiatives and strategic projects
- Other duties as required
- Ability to lead by example, be boundary-less, and win hearts and minds
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills; strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and prioritization of tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Agility- ability to respond comfortably to new or shifting priorities and goals
- Strong initiative and collaborative mindset
- Currently a candidate for Bachelor's degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.