We are seeking a People and Culture Coordinator to support our Benefits and Wellness Manager in key initiatives.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
How Will You Make An Impact?
- Support the Benefits & Wellness Manager in benefits administration including enrollments, change requests, tracking documents, deductions, taxable benefits
- Review monthly/quarterly benefit invoices and audit for accuracy
- Coordinate workers compensation annual audits
- Claims intake for short term and long term disability claims
- Support benefit renewals
- Assist with benefits metrics and reporting
- Support Services team with HXM implementation and requirements
- Assist in updating policies and procedures
- Assist with Compliance related activities and reports
- Assist with responding to employee inquiries, including drafting employment letters and completing employment verifications
- Assist with HRIS data entry and employee changes, ensuring data integrity is maintained and best practices/procedures followed
- Updating People and Culture checklists and assisting with the creation of process documents
- Facilitate employee exit interviews
- Support Compensation Specialist with compensation projects, recognition programs and initiatives
- Perform other administrative duties relating to People and Culture, as needed
- Basic knowledge of benefits administration, preferably Canadian and/or U.S. benefits, including retirement plans (RRSP/401k)
- Passion for helping others and enabling employees through high level of patience and empathy
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.