The Information Security Leader is crucial to our AWS and cloud operations. This role leads a team for security support of D2L's AWS Cloud activities.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
As the Information Security Leader, you are a key leader in establishing, refining and executing on D2L's security and compliance programs with the mandate to improve the security posture of D2L.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Be the central point of contact for all things Information Security related at D2L.
- Together with your team, provide Security services to the rest of D2L to enable and empower them in maintaining and improving D2L’s collective Security Posture.
- Assist in refining and delivering D2L's Security program and ensuring close alignment between D2L's compliance and risk program.
- Promote a culture of security awareness through general advocacy, training and knowledge campaigns across the organization.
- Manage the performance and efficacy of the security team through active coaching and investment in individual skills and career development.
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
- You have a broad and up-to-date understanding of the latest security threats, trends and technologies;
- You have a passion for exploring modern technologies and patterns to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our services and data and protect D2L's intellectual property.
- You have experience building, managing and securing large enterprise, web scale and serverless environments.
- You have an understanding of AWS services including the compliance, management and security related services.
- You are excited at the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate with senior management.
ABOUT THE TEAM
- We work daily to enhance our defenses and actively anticipate potential threats to ensure we are protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of D2L services and data.
- Our solutions are heavily focused on the native AWS technology stack while also making use of a variety of supporting technologies such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, and Jenkins.
- We continually experiment and deploy improvements to our tooling, processes and people to improve our security posture.
- Our current compliance coverage and road map includes ISO27001/17/18; CSAE 3416/SSAE16; SOC1/2/3; FedRAMP; NIST
- Our team is physically located at D2L’s HQ in Kitchener, Ontario Canada but we maintain a strong virtual presence to enable us to collaborate from wherever we may be.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.