D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
D2L has the finest eLearning system and the top Learning and Creative Services team to support our clients. As an eLearning Courseware Developer, you will develop courses, interactive elements, and learning ecosystems while incorporating our clients’ unique vision, objectives and culture. You will work directly with clients along with other specialists at D2L to create a sophisticated and influential experience that learners won’t forget.
How will I make an impact?
- Develop course content that interconnects with the learner’s needs, including interactive exercises and tests
- Create and maintain courses by adding, deleting and changing course content as appropriate and be flexible enough to keep offerings up-to-date
- Design storyboards for graphics, animations and video
- Proofread and edit for style consistency, logic, organization, and rational development of content
- Confer with project teams and clients to gather technical requirements on instructional methods and materials related to specific course subjects
- Performing special projects as required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with graphic and video manipulation programs is considered an asset
- Familiarity with mobile and responsive web development is considered an asset
- Diploma in web design, multimedia development, or a related field
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.