The Senior Client Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated demand generation marketing campaigns. You’ll lead the distribution strategy and aim to generate leads, accelerate the sales cycle, and build/strengthen relationships with our clients through personalized engagement programs.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The mission of the Senior Client Marketing Manager is to contribute to building and executing the strategic segment demand generation plan. They will enhance the prospect lifecycle journey marketing and optimize existing campaigns to improve efficiency and effectiveness. As a key contributor to the segment demand generation plan, you’ll be a creative mind, goal oriented, strategic thinker, hands-on executor, with a focus on delivering high caliber campaigns that drive the success of the segment.
How Will I Make an Impact?:
- Responsible for working with Manager to plan and execute strategic campaigns that are part of the overarching demand generation strategy for the segment.
- Expert of your segment at D2L and responsible for communicating campaign strategy, results, and impact of demand gen tactics to the marketing and business development organizations.
- Develop targeted campaigns to support our account-based marketing/selling efforts and drive pipeline and brand awareness in our key verticals
- Monitor and optimize tactic performance at every stage of the prospect journey to ensure content/messaging is resonating and work with Manager to implement improvements when applicable.
- Align campaign strategy with sales and product to create messaging, build target personas and increase opportunity conversion rates throughout the marketing funnel
- Work with segment managers to develop and manage marketing plan
- At a high level:
- The Client Marketing Manager is responsible for driving and executing segment demand generation campaigns, optimizing the prospect journey at each stage of the campaign, and helping the team execute tactics that drive results.
- Additionally, the Marketing Strategist will collaborate with sales, product marketing, automation, and operations to optimize the campaign strategy and streamline communication channels
- Direct areas of responsibility include campaign strategy and execution, field marketing strategy, messaging creation, process development, testing, lead and contact nurturing campaign metrics, digital strategy execution, and contribute to planning.
- Be the center of excellence for campaign strategy in your segment, educating the team, and staying up to date on the latest trends and best practices.
- Exceed KPIs, and leverage reporting, to analyze and improve performance.
- Accountable for the overall effectiveness of campaigns leading directly to pipeline and brand awareness for segment.
- Responsible for communication and enablement to AEs to successfully leverage campaign tactics that will help drive engagement and pipeline.
- Contributor to demand strategy development
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 3+ years of B2B marketing experience
- Experience creating and executing digital tactics, prospect journeys, developing effective demand gen campaigns, and leveraging metrics for continuous improvement
- Understanding how to leverage campaign tactics to accelerate accounts through the marketing funnel and at each stage of the customer lifecycle
- Dependably achieves what they set out to do, and clearly articulates to key stakeholders to achieve complete buy-in so objectives are achieved and surpassed
- Grit and curiosity to figure out how to continuously drive better results.
- Competitive nature with an unrelenting will to win
- Deliver Awesome Outcomes: Own segment outcomes vs tasks
- Program Support: Push campaign boundaries with testing/recommending creative approaches and delivering marketing programs that surpass targets
- Collaboration: Challenge status quo for a stronger end solution within the Marketing organization
- Results Driven: Support and make recommendations on programs, under guidance of Marketing Manager(s)
- Builds constructive and effective relationships in all areas at D2L and outside the organization
- Communicates complex information to others effectively and presents succinct, well balanced information, with clear outcomes
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Business, Commerce, Marketing or other related discipline.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.