The Content Release Manager is responsible for providing project management and product management services related to the courses produced by the Publishing Team. The Content Release Manager is responsible for coordinating, managing, and tracking the course product versions and distribution to clients, documenting, and categorizing feedback, triaging support requests from clients to appropriate teams, and collaborating with deployment teams to ensure proper distribution, management, and maintenance of course products.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Content Release Manager is responsible for services related to the courses produced by the Publishing Team. The Content Release Manager is responsible for coordinating, managing, and tracking the course product versions and distribution to clients, documenting, and categorizing feedback, triaging support requests from clients to appropriate teams, and collaborating with deployment teams to ensure proper distribution, management, and maintenance of course products.
How will I make an impact?
- Managing and tracking versions of all courses across clients and jurisdictions
- Owning the version tracking/naming process in collaboration with the Team Lead, Quality Assurance
- Tracking major, minor, and hotfix updates to active course versions
- Tracking which versions of courses are in active use by clients
- Supporting course deployments to AWS from Brightspace
- Ensuring course commits run at appropriate times and course repositories are up to date
- Work with LMS manager to track versions and repository updates
- Manage deployment of Brightspace packages to AWS bucket for deployment to school boards
- Managing support tickets and issues and coordinating fixes
- Acting as first point of contact for support issues brought to the Publishing Team for review
- Triaging issues to appropriate personnel managing course products
- Tracking solutions/fixes and coordinating follow up with key stakeholders at D2L or with client
- Documenting and categorizing feedback for instructional designers to implement
- Providing administrative support in the tracking and documentation of feedback from school boards, instructional designers, or other internal or external stakeholders
- Owning the DevOps (or related system) for tracking and prioritizing feedback
- Working with instructional design team and other stakeholders to identify and prioritize feedback to be implemented
- Owning the process of submitting courses to any approval/review boards in various jurisdictions
- Managing the process of submission to Curriculum Matters for Trillium List approval
- Managing the process of submitting to regulatory boards in the US or other jurisdictions and defining best practices
- Supporting product roadmap decision making and tracking
- Interfacing with instructional designers and key stakeholders on what will be included in the next release of courses
- Documenting and managing what is released in each version
- Working with deployment teams to provide release notes on new versions
- Supporting product marketing and client communications surrounding course products
- Work with Sr Managers and Instructional Designers to gather information on course products and share it with sales and other stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Content Product Knowledge: demonstrates progressive knowledge about course products, understands impacts to changes to products/tools, understands impact of design workflows.
- Technical Learning: Skilled and proficient at learning and integrating new technical skills and knowledge to perform more efficiently on the job; actively seeks opportunities to learn about improvement, incorporates new knowledge.
- Collaboration: Works with others to resolve issues and promote success in team; listens to ideas from others; helps others with issues; shares knowledge with others regularly.
- Communication: Understands team and stakeholder needs and uses tools and appropriate language to identify issues and communicate effectively; Tailors writing and communication to different audiences; organizes thoughts in effective manner; demonstrates consistent use of product terms while adapting to audience.
- Organization: Demonstrates ability to lead efforts to investigate issues and solutions; has ability to identify knowledge or process gaps that could hinder tasks and solutions; expert in handling several incidents at once; demonstrates ability to plan ahead and attend to range of issues.
- Thoroughness: Demonstrates operational agility; uses organizational systems that result in multiple critical activities being identified and completed on time; renegotiates priorities if needed; puts systems in place and uses them to monitor and detect issues.
- Analytical Thinking: Coordinates information gathering and reporting processes; reviews trends and compares to expectations; conducts research to define problems and prepares answers; identifies relationships and linkages; anticipates issues; defines priorities; reports and identifies areas that need guidance to resolve complex issues; anticipates outcome of possible solutions.
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.