Where AWS and DevOps meet at D2L; come join our team!
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining key infrastructure components used to support the Brightspace platform and for implementing automation solutions that help stabilize and standardize our environment, as well as increase the speed of our ability to deliver features to production while working with other DevOps teams at D2L. The Cloud DevOps Engineer will manage the pipeline by which our team releases new infrastructure. This role is responsible for developing the configurations for foundational components to build our development environments, and provide guidance, oversight, and direction for the projects and how we manage our infrastructure within the cloud.
How will I make an impact?
- Design and create scalable, automated solutions to service our customers and internal teams.
- AWS Cloud service management and improvement project tasks in mission critical change-controlled environment
- Windows/Linux server system management
- Developing and maintaining service documentation such as architecture diagrams, roadmaps, and utilization reports
- Use of automation methodologies and tools to enforce corporate policies, standards, facility efficiency, and service automation.
- Relentless improvement through ongoing performance and tuning analysis of all Cloud Operations services and environments
- Response to internal/external production environment issues or requests escalated from internal teams as part of a rotating on call resource
- Management and support of the D2L pre-production environments.
- Work closely with other key members across D2L technical teams to discuss and implement improvements to our services.
- Detailed involvement in the developing/planning/execution of new policies, procedures, and supporting processes.
- Internal consulting with Product Development and Professional Services divisions on key strategic and product focused projects.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with business line stakeholder(s) and vendor partners on the technical solution development activities and deliverables
- Consult with business line stakeholder(s) and vendor partners in an analysis role
- Lead by example through demonstration of high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, teamwork, reliability, productivity, and execution
- Reasonable on-call rotation is a requirement of this role
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of technical experience in either development, operations, or full-stack implementations
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with AWS
- Demonstrated Linux or Windows command-line capability
- In depth understanding of Active Directory, Solr Cloud, Memcached, SMTP, SFTP, NTP, and DNS.
- In depth understanding of AWS Services such as EC2, VPC, Elasticache, CloudWatch, and IAM
- Familiar with AWS Services related to DevOps, with depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions, including the Management and Deployment services such as Terraform.
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins or other CI tools
Why we’re awesome:
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.