D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Client Sales Executive will be responsible achieving sales targets through identifying opportunities to sell additional products and services within our existing account base. Working closely with the Customer Success Team, you will look for opportunities to expand the D2L product and service offering within accounts in an effort to directly support the client’s eLearning strategy.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Responsible for exceeding revenue objectives within your assigned territory
- Identify revenue opportunities within each client account
- Managing a complex, enterprise solution sale to existing customers; moving the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging other D2L resources as necessary to ensure success
- Develop a territory plan as well as, build and maintain Account Plans for each client account
- Conduct regular meetings with clients (in person, on the phone or virtually) to foster the relationship and understand client needs
- Effectively use the CRM tool to enter all sales information into the system
- Effectively and efficiently deploy D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
- Escalate issues to appropriate departmental managers or executives to ensure high level of client satisfaction
- Be well informed about current industry trends and be able to talk intelligently about the education industry in the assigned area/region
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, trade shows and conferences
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Experience in a sales-oriented account management role
- Must have strong understanding of enterprise software sales cycles and dealing with top decision makers
- Knowledge of eLearning/education technology industry an asset
- Track record of successful achievement of assigned quotas
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills
- Achievement oriented, with ability to multi-task and handle multiple clients in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meet business goals based on client discussions
- Effective communication, listening, negotiating and time management skills
- Proven team player and ability to work well with others
- Working knowledge of web and database technology
- Solid account planning and forecasting skills
- Dutch & English business language skills
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.