We are seeking a Corporate Controller to lead our accounting operations with a proven ability to develop and motivate team members, and drive a culture of high performance. You are an individual that thrives in a rapidly changing environment – an environment that requires direction, prioritization and continuous problem solving through yourself, your team and across the organization.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
We are seeking a Corporate Controller to lead our accounting operations with a proven ability to develop and motivate team members, and drive a culture of high performance. You are an individual that thrives in a rapidly changing environment – an environment that requires direction, prioritization and continuous problem solving through yourself, your team and across the organization. You cherish the opportunity to bring discipline to the organization’s processes and controls to enable accurate and timely financial reporting and optimize efficient operations. As the company continues to grow and expand, your excited to work in the unknown and solve problems for the first time. In a growing organization you understand the balance between working through others and rolling up your sleeves and solving problems yourself. Building alignment and relationships across the organization is a strategic priority for you and you will use your exception communicational skills to do just that!
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Leadership of the accounting operations of the company including the activities of the Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll and Taxation functions
- Active leadership role in the Finance team, including hiring, coaching and development of direct reports and establishment of strategies priorities and operational objectives
- Oversight of the period end close including approval of journal entries, reconciliations and monthly financial statements and external reporting
- Oversight for statutory compliance, reporting and audits including consolidated and statutory audits, and management of relationships with external auditors, advisors and regulatory groups
- Guiding financial and operational decisions by establishing, enabling, streamlining and improving policies, procedures and internal controls
- Collaborate across the business to define, measure, analyze and continuously improve cross functional systems and business processes which impact financial reporting or influence internal operating efficiency
- Oversight of treasury functions including banking relationships, cash management, foreign exchange transactions and investment policies
- Provide management and expertise to taxation function which spans corporate income tax, indirect taxes, transfer pricing and other taxation matters
- Assist with preparation and oversight of quarterly board reporting and MD&A analysis
- Special projects and analysis of financial results as required
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- You are a team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and proactively build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You are adaptable, and have a proven ability to set direction and execute on priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have a proven ability to drive a culture of creativity, accountability and empowering people towards high performance results
- You have a proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team towards high performance
- You have a proactive eye for continuous improvement allowing you to drive efficiency and automation into the organization
- You synthesize and simplify complex problems into actionable direction and build alignment across your team and broader organization
- You solve cross functional problems with collaboration and consideration to the broader impact of decisions and actions
Work Experience Recommendations:
- 5+ years of experience in a senior management role with oversight for the finance function
- Experience in software or technology sector is a strong asset
- Experience in externally funded company is a strong asset
- Experience with high growth company with global operations is a strong asset
- Experience with one of IFRS or US GAAP accounting frameworks
- University degree or equivalent in business or finance/accounting
- Completion of professional accounting designation (CPA)
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Two Volunteer Days
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.