We take your data seriously, which is why we have these following certifications:
ISO® 27001 is a security management standard that specifies security management best practices and comprehensive security controls following the ISO 27002 best practice guidance. This is a widely-recognized international security standard. Certification in the standard requires us to:
- Systematically evaluate our information security risks, taking into account the impact of company threats and vulnerabilities
- Design and implement a comprehensive suite of information security controls and other forms of risk management to address company and architecture security risks
- Adopt an overarching management process to ensure that the information security controls meet our information security needs on an ongoing basis
The key to the ongoing certification under this standard is the effective management of a rigorous security program. The Information Security Management System (ISMS) required under this standard defines how we perpetually manage security in a holistic, comprehensive way. The ISO 27001 certification is specifically focused on the D2L ISMS and measures how our internal processes follow the ISO standard. Certification means a third party accredited independent auditor has performed an assessment of our processes and controls and confirms they are operating in alignment with the comprehensive ISO 27001 certification standard.
ISO 27018:2014 (In Progress)
ISO/IEC 27018:2014 establishes commonly accepted control objectives, controls and guidelines for implementing measures to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with the privacy principles in ISO/IEC 29100 for the public cloud computing environment.
In particular, ISO/IEC 27018:2014 specifies guidelines based on ISO/IEC 27002, taking into consideration the regulatory requirements for the protection of PII which might be applicable within the context of the information security risk environment(s) of a provider of public cloud services.
ISO 27017:2015 (In Progress)
ISO/IEC 27017:2015 gives guidelines for information security controls applicable to the provision and use of cloud services by providing:
- additional implementation guidance for relevant controls specified in ISO/IEC 27002;
- additional controls with implementation guidance that specifically relate to cloud services.
This Recommendation | International Standard provides controls and implementation guidance for both cloud service providers and cloud service customers.
SOC 1 Type 2 and
SOC 2 Type 2
Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports are independent third-party examination reports that demonstrate how D2L achieves key compliance controls and objectives. The purpose of these reports is to help you and your auditors understand the D2L controls established to support operations and compliance.
There are two types of D2LSOC Reports: