Support Student Well-Being
Focusing on learning and social-emotional skills such as self-regulation, organization, and responsible decision-making can help support academic success and the overall well-being of students.
- Class content is available for students to view anytime and anywhere. They can refer to the material to support in-class work or even after the lesson has taken place, giving them multiple opportunities to review.
- Students can see all their upcoming and overdue assessments with the Work To Do widget. They no longer rely on copying their daily tasks from the blackboard to their agenda, and upcoming work can be shared with parents and guardians to coach self-regulation and time management from home.
- D2L Brightspace is optimized to work with a variety of technology that can be used in the classroom as well as to support student and group work.
- Students don’t need the latest smartphone to get optimal results. If a student must be away from school for a day, they can still access all the things they would be doing in class, reducing anxiety related to being absent.
- Teachers can use the Awards tool to provide positive reinforcement for learners or help them track their progress. Awards can be automatically or manually released based on tasks completed in D2L Brightspace or in the physical classroom.
- Multiple options for differentiated instruction can be set up for students, such as flipped classrooms or project-based learning.