Last modified: October 22, 2021
Support shall be as specified below. These terms are subject to change in the reasonable discretion of D2L. Support fees are set forth in the applicable Order.
- Service Partner (SP). A Service Partner is a Channel Partner who has completed the Brightspace Certification Program and offers Implementation, Training and Support of Brightspace.
- Approved Support Contact Name(s) (ASC). Service Partner shall provide name(s) of its Approved Support Contact(s) (ASC) to D2L. Approved Support Contact(s) will have privileges to log and monitor Application assistance, help desk and remote support, upgrades, fixes, and other services set out in this Support Schedule (“Support”). Approved Support Contact(s) may access D2L’s client website (www.Brightspace.com) for information about how to obtain documentation and available upgrades. The Approved Support Contact may contact D2L Support up to the number of queries, or user-identified concerns about the Services (“Incidents”) specified below in section 11 based on the level of Support selected. ASCs can submit an Incident using chat via the Web Portal. Chat is English only for Admin support packages. If Service Partner has selected a support package that allows for Group ASCs, Service Partner’s named administrators can be part of group that uses a common ASC profile. Service Partner shall provide to D2L the list of named ASCs with contact information that will be part of the group. Such groups are limited to 10 ASCs.
- Support. D2L provides Support to Service Partner during the times specified in the table below in section 11 based on the level of Support selected. Support includes (i) access by Service Partner ASCs to the D2L Community, which contains documentation (e.g., user guides, how-to guides, release notes), knowledgebase, known issues list, community blog, self-paced learning admin videos, technical resources, etc.; and (ii) access to the Product Idea Exchange portal within the Brightspace Community where faculty, ASCs and other non-student roles can submit new feature requests, and promote or comment on existing feature requests. Support is available to record Incidents, explain the functions and features of the Services and clarify the contents of Documentation. Incidents may be submitted through D2L’s web-based portal, or using a predefined D2L Support email address, or by calling the D2L helpdesk. The number of Incidents per month the Service Partner is allowed as part of the support package is set out in the table in section 11 below. Support includes monthly updates and fixes for current versions of the D2L product suite, as well as access to a dynamic system status page providing insight into Service Partner Client’s uptime, performance and availability real time.
- Remote Access. To allow D2L to assess Incidents in the Services, Service Partner shall use reasonable efforts to permit D2L remote access to Service Partner Client’s systems, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Additional Approved Support Contact(s); Number of Contacts. Additional Approved Support Contact(s), beyond the one(s) currently included in the Order, are available at additional cost.
- Escalation. If D2L is unable to resolve a request in a reasonable length of time, or if the priority or severity of the request changes due to external factors, the request will be escalated. D2L support may request additional information to assist in the understanding of the problem. Escalation may require further research by the Help Desk, consultation of other D2L support staff members, and/or consultation with the D2L development team.
- Other Services. Service Partner may not use Support for services other than Support. Services not identified in this Schedule, including training, implementation, modifications, configuration and communications, will be charged at the applicable Consulting rates, except for out-of-pocket and per diem expenses
- Language of Support. All Support will be provided in the English language unless agreed otherwise in the Order. If Support is provided in another language without written agreement or modification through an Order, then there is no guarantee of follow-up or to provide further Support in a language other than English.
- Termination. Support is terminated when the Agreement expires or is terminated.
- Service Partner Default in Payment. If Service Partner is in default for payment under the Agreement, D2L may, at its option, (a) charge a reinstatement fee to reinstate Support and charge for future Support according to D2L’s then-current support policies; or (b) decline to provide Service Partner Support.
- Admin Support Features Table
|Features||Service Partner Basic||Service Partner Select|
|D2L Online Community Access||24x7x365|
|Product Idea Exchange (PIE) Portal||24x7x365|
|Incidents included (*outages and bug reports are excluded from the count)||20 per year for the first client
Each subsequent client added gets an additional 5 per year
|100 per year
Each subsequent client added gets an additional 10 per year
|Approved Support Contacts (ASCs)||2 ASCs||3 ASCs|
|Telephone Incident Reporting||n/a|
|Web Portal Incident Reporting||24x7x365|
|Chat Incident Reporting||8:00am to 8:00pm (Local Time) Mon-Fri||24x7x365|
|Email Incident Reporting||24x7x365|
|Premier Account Services|
|Technical Account Management (TAM)||Optional|
|Reporting, Metrics and Analysis|
|Historical Incident Access (via helpdesk portal)||Included via the Helpdesk Portal|
|Cloud Performance Dashboard||Included|
|Product Version Updates/Fixes||Monthly|