We are seeking a Product Support Analyst with a flexible schedule and experience working in a fast paced environment.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Do you have a keen interest in eLearning? Do you enjoy resolving complex technical issues? Or maybe you just wrapped up your degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and you are ready for the first step in your career…
Good news! We are always on the hunt for our next great hire at D2L! Our Product Support role provides a challenging career opportunity as well as career advancement within D2L.
We are looking for an application troubleshooting analyst – an individual who can perform analysis of a given problem report and determine where the problem is, its cause, solution or recommend effective workaround where applicable.
Acting as an escalation point for client Subject Matter Experts, Product Support Analysts act as the primary point of contact for client technical teams. Through a combination of technical investigation and troubleshooting, as well as collaborating with teams across D2L, PSAs offer a world class support experience for D2L Administrators with varying degrees of technical expertise across the Enterprise, Higher Education, and K-12 segments.
Successful candidates must have strong analytical skills and be creative problem solvers. They will be able to make accurate risk assessments and demonstrate above-average attention to details and competencies. They are excellent communicators and are comfortable discussing technical issues with clients whose technical expertise may vary.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Effectively prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve client issues
- Resolve issues received by phone, chat, and service desk portal under tight time constraints
- Timely and accurate logging of all support cases
- Building rapport with clients
- Quickly identify incident trends/patterns and recommend steps to mitigate impact
- Troubleshoot issues using a variety of tools including using T-SQL queries
- Clearly communicate technical resolution details to varying stakeholders
- Remain calm under pressure
- Help to develop and deliver knowledge articles
- Participate in Technical Roundtable discussions
- Align client’s needs, goals, and objectives to D2L solutions
- Monitor and participate in both internal and external discussion forums
- Assist with additional tasks as delegated by Manager
- Participate in a shift rotation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Experience with:
- T-SQL (MS SQL Server)
- Familiar with:
- Web services (SOAP and REST), XML, HTML, ASP, ASPX
- Web applications and how they work at a high level (web servers, database servers, client-to-server communication)
- Windows Services
- Able to learn new tools and products quickly
- Strong ability to recognize patterns
- Able to work individually and in collaboration with colleagues
- Bilingual in one or more of the following is required: French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
- LMS experience – user, administration, and/or support
- Working experience in a support role within a multi-tier support organization
- Experience with
- System Monitoring, including application and database performance monitoring
- Cloud Solutions including, AWS and VM environments
- Wireshark, Fiddler, and other browser based diagnostic and reporting tools
- Active Directory, OAuth, LDAP, and SAML solutions
- Industry Help Desk solution (example: SalesForce, ServiceNow, or other CRM solution)
- Concepts of enterprise software development such as: scalability, security, and performance (especially in areas of troubleshooting and problem analysis)
- Working knowledge of
- LTI and IMS Global standards
- Foundation ITIL V2 or V3 and ITSM
- Knowledge Centered Service
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent technical experience
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.