Keeping learners engaged—both synchronously and asynchronously—can be a challenge. But by using multimedia and video tools in your online learning environment, you can make content more personal and authentic. Here are some of the powerful video tools in Brightspace that can help you create unique and engaging learning experiences.
Bring Your Content to Life
Add some personality directly to course content with video from internal sources, content repositories and external sites.
- Add Multimedia: Embed multimedia from anywhere in a single streamlined workflow. With the Insert Stuff tool, interactive and engaging elements can easily be inserted from your computer or your favorite third party providers, like YouTube.
- Edit Videos: Access powerful media editing tools from any video uploaded into content. Trim your videos using the timeline editor or create segments in larger videos with chapters. You can auto generate closed captions, upload your own and edit existing ones.
Connect and Collaborate—Regardless of Physical Location
Access native tools and powerful integrations to connect with your learners in Brightspace, no matter where they’re located.
- Virtual Classroom: Seamlessly connect with multiple parties for instruction, assessment and feedback with Virtual Classroom. Schedule live discussions, office hours, video-based training and more. Video sessions can be automatically recorded and embedded directly in a course alongside other learning materials.
- Microsoft Teams: Easily manage and host face-to-face meetings with Microsoft Teams. Users with Microsoft accounts can create, schedule and share Teams Meetings, all from within Brightspace.
- Google Meet: Stay connected and collaborate on Google Meet without having to leave Brightspace. Create and insert meetings using Google Meet wherever Quicklinks are supported, such as Activity Feed, Announcements, Calendar, Email and Discussions.
- Zoom: If you’re using Zoom for live virtual meetings, it can also be integrated with the Brightspace platform. Whether it’s a large group meeting or quick one-to-one catch-up, this integration delivers high-definition video and audio, so you won’t miss a beat.
Deliver Meaningful Assessments and Feedback
Use video to deliver meaningful assessments to your learners and provide powerful feedback during evaluation.
- VideoNote™: This tool allows users to record videos up to 30 minutes in length and add them anywhere within the platform. Automatically captioned, VideoNotes™ provide a fast and easy way to record or upload accessible lessons and feedback for learners.
- Video Assignments: When learners demonstrate skills and apply their knowledge on video, instructors get an authentic representation of what they can do. Deliver assessment opportunities and facilitate repeated skill practice and contextual knowledge application with Video Assignments.
Ready to learn more about how you can start using Brightspace and its video features in your practice? Try Brightspace today!