Join your colleagues, peers, and D2L staff at the D2L Connection: Minnesota Edition on April 5, 2019 at Normandale Community College in Bloomington, Minnesota. For the past several years, the D2L Connection has been a great day of learning and sharing for Minnesotans and others in the region.
Keynote Speaker Troy Dvorak, Faculty, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- How They Think: The True Key to Student Success
- An interactive session about how educators offer effective thinking, learning, and psychological skills to help students become more confident, efficient, and productive.
Sponsored by D2L in collaboration with Minnesota State Colleges and Universities and St. Catherine University, this conference will showcase many aspects of teaching and learning within Brightspace. Sessions will also feature related topics such as teaching design and instruction, innovation, inclusivity and engagement, as well as support, training and administration. Formats include 50-minute breakouts, 50-minute roundtable discussions, 25-minute lightning rounds, and 30-minute poster sessions. D2L Minnesota Connection is all about collaboration. With presentations, training sessions, and time for peer networking, attendees can discover how Brightspace supports every individual’s unique pathway and potential.
Registration Cost: $85 USD
Hotels & AccommodationsHotel rates for conference attendees are available at these two hotels for the night of April 4, 2019. Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 5601 West 78th Street, Bloomington, Minnesota 55439 CALL: 1-888-627-8068 for availability and rates. No rooms are being held for this event due to the NCAA Final Four playoffs happening the same weekend. Hilton Garden Inn – Bloomington 3900 American Blvd W I Bloomington, MN 55437 RATE: $129 per night plus tax CALL: 1-844-856-8554 no later than Friday, March 8, 2019 Reserve Online Use Discount Code of "D2L" to make your reservation. The discounted rate of $129.00 per night plus tax will be available through Friday, March 8, 2019.
Call for ProposalsSorry- proposals for this year are now closed!
D2L Connection: Minnesota Awards
- Innovation – Given to organizations or individuals who demonstrate exceptionally creative methods or technologies to address important student needs
- Collaboration – Given to organizations or individuals who demonstrate exceptionally creative collaboration within a course, department, institution/school, or system of institutions
- Impact – Given to organizations or individuals who through their work, construct or reflect an extraordinary impact on teaching and learning or other desired outcomes