D2L Events: Code of Conduct
D2L Events are an opportunity for attendees to join peers from around the world to share ideas that will shape the future of learning. We hope your time at a D2L Event is valuable and enjoyable. To ensure that everyone has the best experience possible we have established this Code of Conduct (the “Code”). This Code outlines our expectations for participant behavior and the consequences for non-compliance.
We value the participation and engagement of each person in attendance at a D2L Event. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show courtesy and respect to other attendees throughout all conference events.
THE GOLDEN RULES:
- Behave professionally, respectfully and collaboratively;
- Respect the diversity of each attendee, and refrain from discriminatory, harassing or demeaning behavior; and
- Be mindful of the personal space of other attendees.
- Offensive comments related to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other identifiable ground.
- Verbal threats of violence, intimidation, harassment, insults, and annoyance.
- Inappropriate physical conduct (pushing, shoving, or any other boisterous behavior).
- Continued disruption during the event, including presenting obscene or demeaning materials, or
- Possession of alcohol outside of designated locations, illegal substances, or any item that could be used as a weapon; and
- Otherwise failing to maintain peace and order, as determined by D2L Show Management, in their sole discretion.
FAILURE TO COMPLY:
We have a zero-tolerance policy. Failure to abide by the terms of this Code may result in the denial of admission or immediate removal from a D2L Event without warning.
Please alert security if you notice a dangerous situation, harassing behavior, or any other suspicious or disruptive activity. Thank you for helping make D2L Events welcoming and friendly for all!
PLEASE BE ADVISED D2L RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE ATENDEES TO PRESENT GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID WHEN PICKING UP BADGES FOR ENTRANCE INTO ANY D2L EVENT.