Global learning technology leader D2L announced today that five leading religious postsecondary institutions — one in Canada and four in the U.S. — have chosen D2L’s Brightspace as their learning platform.
“At D2L, we value each of our partnerships — and we’re pleased to have recently added many new faith-based institutions to the Brightspace family,” said Puneet Arora, Chief Revenue Officer of D2L. “We’ve been able to get new partners on board quickly thanks to the hard work of our implementation teams, which work closely with instructors to serve and support an organization’s unique needs during setup and implementation.”
The faith-based institutions that have chosen Brightspace are:
- Eden Theological Seminary — Eden was established in the summer of 1850 in Marthasville, Missouri. Its graduate school prepares women and men for ordained Christian ministry. One of the six seminaries of the United Church of Christ, Eden is a community committed to fighting for the greater good across the globe.
- McCormick Theological Seminary — McCormick is a theological graduate school within the intellectual and theological tradition of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). It was founded in 1829 and has a long history of being on the cutting edge of theological education. Its student body has been named one of the most diverse in North America. McCormick seeks to help students make a positive difference in the world — in countries all around the world.
- Master’s College and Seminary — Master’s College and Seminary is a leading institution in Eastern Canada for people seeking Pentecostal training to serve in Christian ministry. It has been a long-standing client, using Brightspace for over 17 years.
- Virginia Theological Seminary — Founded in 1823, VTS is the flagship seminary of the Episcopal Church, preparing people for both ordained and lay service in the church. Located in historic Alexandria, Virginia, VTS has provided a remarkable opportunity for students from around the world to study and worship as part of a vibrant, Christ-centered residential community.
- Shepherds Theological Seminary — Shepherds was founded in 2002 and is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) in the United States and Canada. For 17 years, Shepherds has been equipping servant leaders for life and ministry. The seminary’s 210 graduates are impacting the world for Christ in 28 states and 13 countries. Student enrollment has increased each year, and currently 151 students are enrolled for the 2019 academic year.
Religiously affiliated schools often attract nontraditional learners, such as older students looking for a career change or new purpose and require a flexible learning platform. They often also train students for service nationally and in other countries that require mobile accessibility. Brightspace meets these needs — and others — and through a strong partnership and the hard work of D2L implementation teams, these schools are helping their learners achieve their potential.
Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform built by educators, for educators that works on any device. It’s secure, worry-free technology that puts customers first — allowing you to create engaging courses within your existing technology to fit your unique needs. With Brightspace, you can easily set up individualized learning paths for your students, keep them on track with automated nudges, provide them with personalized feedback and increase their engagement through gamification, social tools, video and other powerful features.
Brightspace is the only learning platform chosen as a partner of the National Federation of the Blind’s Strategic Nonvisual Access Partnership program, which has been redesigned as their Centre of Excellence in Nonvisual Access. Brightspace was named the #1 LMS in Higher Ed by Ovum Research and #1 in Adaptive Learning by eLearning Magazine. Aragon Research also included D2L in its highly coveted Hot Vendors In Learning list. To learn more, visit the Higher Education and K-12 pages on our website.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with organizations globally, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
D2L MEDIA CONTACT
Director, PR, D2L Corporation
© 2024 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Inc., D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L EU B.V., D2L Asia Pte Ltd and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners