You understand testing, you understand coding, and you strive to use both skills to improve the testing of our products and services.
D2L is changing how the world learns. Our software is used daily by millions of users and growing fast. We are looking for innovative, passionate and talented people to help us build the best learning experience on the planet.
Do you have the talent and drive to help us change how the world learns? Test Developers at D2L are passionate about building quality, secure, high performing software. They tackle tough technical and non-technical testing challenges.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You will contribute to technology that will transform teaching and learning for millions of people. Improving education for millions of people provides a rare opportunity to make a real and significant difference in the world!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
- You will work with smart, creative and dedicated people that care deeply about the quality of the product you are building
- You will work on challenging problems, helping your team validate functional and non-functional behavior and capabilities on a product with web-scale performance, scalability and availability requirements
- You will apply some of the latest technologies and best practices to your work and will have the authority to choose the right tool for the job
LOVE HOW YOU DO IT
- You will work on an Agile development team which includes Developers, Testers, Designers, Technical Product Manager, and a Development Manager
- Teams can tackle any problem in any area, ensuring exposure to a variety of problems and technologies
- All members of the team contribute to the definition, requirements, development, and testing of the problems we are solving
- Practice Exploratory Testing with Session Based Test Management
- Automate testing of interesting product areas
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Enable test-first designs like Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development
- Build performance tests to ensure we are always improving product performance
- Build the frameworks to enable automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Create robust, maintainable automation suites to monitor the quality of our products
- Collaborate to create specific acceptance criteria
- Be a compelling communicator of quality concerns
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
Your experience is important, but most of all we are looking for people who are quick to learn, passionate about what they do, and are eager to collaborate with others to create innovative products that will delight and inspire our users. In general we are looking for:
- You are an expert in finding defects and design issues in software during all phases of the software development process
- You have a high bar for quality, software performance, and security
- You create and nurture feedback loops to provide information for continuous improvement of testing
- You identify risks and gaps in analysis and test coverage through sound critical thinking
- You design effective automation tests and contribute to automation frameworks
- You collaborate effectively, helping your team to develop testable features, and identifying test tasks during design
- You are passionate about our users and are their advocates in the development process
OPEN, COLLABORATIVE, LEARNING
- Join one of D2L's Communities of Practice to sharpen your skills and discuss big picture issues
- Attend one of many internal lunch and learns
- Attend conferences and workshops
- Propose approaches to solve common problems - we welcome all new ideas
- Mentor and learn
- Be an active member of the testing community, always pushing the boundaries of testing methodologies
Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline.
Why D2L Kitchener is awesome!
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.