Fusion Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions that govern your attendance at and/ or participation at Fusion, D2L Corporation’s annual user conference.
By registering for Fusion (the “Event”) you are agreeing to these terms, which form a legal contract between D2L Corporation and its subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates (“D2L”), and the registered attendee and/ or participant (“you”).
If you are registering on behalf of another individual it is your responsibility to ensure that the person attending is made aware of these Event terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of someone else you warrant you are authorized to complete the registration and agree to indemnify D2L and its affiliates for any claims arising from your completion of this registration on another’s behalf.
- D2L reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to any entity or individual. No one under the age of 21 is permitted to register for, or participate in, the Event (infants in baby carriers or slings are exempt).
- By registering for and attending the Event, you agree to abide by all of the rules and regulations governing the Event, including the D2L Events: Code of Conduct, that have been provided to you by D2L or otherwise made known to you.
- The currency of the fee(s) associated with the Event may vary depending on the country where the Event is hosted. All prices are in United States Dollars (USD) if the Event is being held in the United States. Costs associated with travel and accommodation are not included. The fee(s) may be subject to sales tax, value added tax, or any other taxes and duties, which if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fee(s).
- Payment Deadlines:
- Fusion 2020: Pre-Registration registrants: January 31, 2020. Early bird registrants: April 17, 2020. All other registrants: June 26, 2020.
- Fusion 2021: Pre-Registration registrants: January 31, 2020. Super Early Bird registrants: January 31, 2021. Early bird registrants: April 2, 2021. All other registrants: June 25, 2021.
- Payment of the full amount of the registration fee must be made by the applicable date set out in section 5 of these Terms and Conditions. If D2L has not received payment in full prior to your arrival at the Event, the balance of any outstanding fees owed must be paid onsite before entry to the Event will be permitted. If D2L determines the payment is not received or insufficient, D2L may refuse to admit you to the Event without liability.
- Available methods of payment include: (a) payment by credit card upon submission of your registration form; or (b) provision of a purchase order number (by selecting the Purchase Order payment method and entering the number, or by emailing the purchase order number to FUSION Registration Support – email@example.com. If you have selected option (b), an invoice will be generated and made available on the Confirmation screen of this registration form.
- If you select the Purchase Order method of payment, you must provide D2L with a copy of the Purchase Order and payment within thirty (30) days of registration. If a Purchase Order is not so received, your registration will be voided by D2L and will be of no force and effect.
- If you select the Purchase Order method of payment, you confirm that you have the authority to make the purchase on behalf of the individual or entity issuing the Purchase Order.
- Please send all payments to:
- D2L Corporation Finance Department (FUSION)
151 Charles Street West, Suite 400
Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6
- Cancellations made in writing and received by the applicable date set forth below may result in a refund as follows:
- Fusion 2020:
Cancellations received on or before April 17, 2020 receive Full refund
Cancellations received between April 18, 2020 and June 19, 2020: Full refund minus a $150 processing fee
Cancellations received after June 19, 2020 will not be eligible for a refund.
- Fusion 2021:
Cancellations received on or before April 2, 2021 receive Full refund
Cancellations received between April 3, 2021 and June 11, 2019: Full refund minus a $150 processing fee
Cancellations received after June 11, 2021 will not be eligible for a refund.
D2L reserves the right to change the date, time, location and agenda of the Event at any time.
Please remember that canceling your registration does not automatically cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel and travel reservations.
- Certain presentations given, and materials distributed, at the Event will be provided by third parties (collectively the “Materials”). D2L takes no responsibility for, and is not liable for, the content of the Materials. Unauthorized distribution of Materials (including but not limited to selling, copying or posting on the internet or intranet) is expressly forbidden without prior consent from the applicable copyright owner. The opinions expressed by presenters and speakers at the Event do not necessarily reflect the views of D2L or its employees.
- You acknowledge and agree that D2L and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, partners, contractors and sponsors may take photographs and/or videotape Event attendees and activities. You also acknowledge and agree that D2L will have the right to use, edit, reproduce, record, modify, distribute, make available to others, prepare derivative works of and display your name, likeness, photograph, image, voice and/or biographical information (your “Likeness”) in promotional materials and on public websites, without restriction and without compensation of any kind. You hereby grant D2L and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, partners, contractors and sponsors a license to your Likeness, which may be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world at any time.
- In D2L’s sole discretion, without refund, we reserve the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the Event anyone that we determine is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Event or to any other attendee.
- As part of the Event, D2L may organize activities using premises, facilities, and/or equipment at the Event venue or any other location coordinated by D2L. By participating in these activities, you agree and acknowledge that there are inherent risks and dangers associated with your participation, and you accept all risks of participating, including but not limited to physical and/or bodily injury or harm.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law: D2L and its subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates (a) disclaim any liability that may be suffered by you at the Event and/or related events located at the Event venue or offsite including any D2L arranged transportation between Event activities; and (b) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages, or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event and/ or related activities, including D2L arranged transportation between Event activities. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by registering for the Event you hereby release and forever discharge D2L and its subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates, and each entity’s agents, directors, officers, employees and contractors from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, costs, losses or expenses (including attorney’s fees) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to your attendance at, and/or participation in, the Event and/or related events, including D2L arranged transportation between Event activities.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will be responsible for all damages, costs, losses, or expenses payable to the Event venue or any other party connected to the Event arising as a result of or relating to: (i) your breach of any rules and regulations governing the Event that have been provided to you by D2L or otherwise made known to you; (ii) any damage done by you to the Event venue or any equipment or private property contained therein; and (iii) any injury suffered by any person over the course of the Event as a result of any act or omission on your part.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada, without regard to any conflicts of law rules. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Ontario, Canada in respect of any disputes arising out of the Event.
- Your registration for, and participation in, the Event constitutes your acknowledgement and agreement to these Terms and Conditions.