Ontario, meet your Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is a dynamic learning platform, powered by D2L’s Brightspace. The VLE is provided by the Ministry of Education at no cost to Ontario publicly-funded school boards. Ontario’s VLE includes digital portfolios, assignments, rubrics, lessons linked to curriculum expectations, quizzes, and much more!
Welcome to Ontario’s VLE
All K-12 public school teachers (at publicly-funded school boards) in Ontario have free access to Brightspace through Ontario’s VLE. To get the VLE for your classroom or school, use the list to the right to find your login page and get your Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching (TELT) contact information.
What does the VLE Offer?
Learn more about what the VLE offers
Did you know Ontario has a Virtual Learning eCommunity?
Learn more about the Virtual Learning eCommunity
You can also contact us at [email protected]
Access Brightspace in the VLE and find your TELT contact
- 1. Select your school board from the list below
- 2. Using the URL provided, use your board username and password to easily access the VLE
- 3. After accessing Brightspace in the VLE, get started with Brightspace Training
- 4. Your TELT contact can assist you with questions you may have and support you in using the VLE
Si vous faites partie d’un conseil scolaire francophone, naviguez à https://e-a-v.ca/connexion-eav
Register for upcoming webinars or view the webinar resources
A four-step training plan for educators
VLE Training Resources
Learn how the VLE can help you be more effective, engaging, and efficient
A guide to Brightspace and supporting learning at home
Watch professional learning webinars organized by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Explore content created by our team of education experts
What does the VLE Offer?
- Brightspace Portfolio, Discussion board, activity feed, and more!
- Lessons you can align to curriculum standards
- Ministry content to support school board initiatives
- Parent Portal (requires school board approval)
- Assessment and data: tracks student progress at classroom, school and school board levels
- Secure and reliable: ISO 27001 certification, and annual security audits.99.9% uptime
- Integrates with third-party tools including Google Drive™ online storage service and SIS systems
- 24/7/365 phone and support for educators, students, and parents
- And more!
Brightspace by D2L is part of the comprehensive learning suite that is Ontario’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). With all of the features of Brightspace and extensive Ministry content, the VLE helps Ontario educators do what they do best – teach!
In my class we view ourselves as a community. This includes my students, their families, other teachers and me. The [VLE] platform allows me to not only create this community but support it. Each day my students are able to connect, interact and access authentic learning tasks and it is all organized for them on our site…Lee Martin Teacher, DSBN
Ontario’s VLE is an amazing place for educators to gather resources and enhance what they are doing. It is a safe and secure environment that allows our students and our educators to document what they are doing and go further with their education. That wouldn’t be possible without it [the VLE]Jeff Maxwell Technology Teacher, Niagara Catholic District School Board
Want to stay up to date with our monthly VLE newsletter?
You’ll get updates on features, invitations to upcoming events and exclusive tips & tricks to get the most out of the VLE.