LONDON – 30 November 2023 – D2L, a global learning technology company, is helping more Dutch higher education institutions by delivering an easy-to-use learning innovation platform, better partnership experience and flexible design. D2L Brightspace is now used by more higher education students and teachers in the Netherlands than any other learning management system (“LMS”), as institutions continue to move away from open source and legacy LMS platforms.
“D2L is thrilled to welcome additional Dutch institutions and partner closely to help them meet their goals. Our customers tell us that this momentum is largely driven by students and teachers enjoying Brightspace and its rich feature-set. As the way we learn continues to evolve, our platform offers flexibility, interoperability, mobility, analytics, and personalisation. This is exactly what we feel today’s educators and learners need. We’re excited to be a part of this positive shift and look forward to further growth and partnerships in the region.” said Stewart Watts, VP EMEA at D2L.
Recent higher education institutions in the Netherlands selecting Brightspace include:
- August 2023: Avans+ is a higher education institution based in Breda. It offers more than 200 post bachelor and master courses for professionals and learners seeking to upskill, reskill and pursue additional higher education qualifications. Today, Avans+ supports 8,000 learners and continues to grow rapidly. Having previously used disparate legacy systems for student learning, Avans+ needed to consolidate and implement a more robust platform with enhanced functionality, greater availability and improved usability. This was particularly true in in areas such as group-based work and assessment.
- June 2023: HAN University of Applied Sciences (“HAN”), serving approximately 37,000 students and 4,000 staff members across 14 academies. Having used a legacy LMS for several years, the HAN identified the need for a new platform. Following a procurement process lasting more than a year, the HAN conducted thorough user testing of all major LMS platforms with numerous teachers, administrators and students rating Brightspace as the most user friendly and accessible LMS platform.
- December 2022: Saxion University of Applied Sciences (“Saxion”) has three campuses in the Netherlands, serving more than 27,000 students. Having used a legacy LMS platform for many years, Saxion sought to improve its solution and launched a European tender involving all major LMS vendors. Saxion selected D2L Brightspace as it scored highly in all categories including adaptive learning, security and interoperability.
- September 2022: The Open Universiteit of the Netherlands (“OU”) is an innovative institution focused on distance learning. Having served more than 250,000 learners to date, the OU historically used an open-source LMS. However, it sought a new learning platform that would require less time spent on maintenance, customisation and administration. Following a rigorous European tender exercise, Brightspace emerged as the winner, due to its ability to support interoperability, analytics and personalised learning.
- September 2022: Hogeschool Rotterdam is one of the largest universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands, serving a student population in excess of 40,000 learners. After an extensive procurement exercise, the university selected
- September 2022: The University of Groningen selected
D2L serves more Dutch institutions than any other LMS provider in the country. Over the past five years, D2L has welcomed Avans University of Applied Sciences, The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Breda University of Applied Sciences, and Windesheim University of Applied Sciences.
For each institution, D2L Brightspace was selected for a combination of its user-friendly interface, global footprint, scalability, security, interoperability, analytics, personalised learning, accessibility, and commitment to future-forward innovation and digitisation.
Learn more about D2L and how its digital learning experts have designed and support one of the most motivational, engaging and inspiring learning experiences.
D2L is transforming the way the world learns—helping learners of all ages achieve more than they dreamed possible. Working closely with clients all over the world, D2L is supporting millions of people learning online and in person. Our growing global workforce is dedicated to making the best learning products to leave the world better than they found it. Learn more about D2L for K-12, higher education and businesses at https://www.d2l.com/
D2L MEDIA CONTACT
Laurence Cooper or Evelyn Robinson
FINN Partners for D2L
© 2023 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Inc., D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L EU B.V., D2L Asia Pte Ltd and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners