Social learning is an important component of a modern learning culture and key for soft skills development.
Read our ebook “Social Assessment™: New Ways of Learning, A Modern Framework for Feedback” to learn more about Social Assessment and how it can be used in the workplace to help employees develop important soft skills.
This infographic is calles A Snapshot of Soft Skills and Social Learning in the Workplace.
Social and collaborative learning—including mentorship, coaching, and regular feedback from experts, managers, and peers—are key components of a modern learning culture and important for helping employees develop essential soft skills and improve their performance over time.
- 80% of all corporate learning takes place through on-the-job interactions with peers, experts, and managers.
- Soft-skill-intensive occupations will account for two-thirds of all jobs by 2030.
- 44% of executives said a lack of soft skills was the biggest proficiency gap they saw in the U.S. workforce. 
- Among learning and development professionals, soft skills are the second most important skills to train for (44%) behind leadership and management skills (52%).
- Managers who incorporate a range of soft talents into their leadership approach can increase their team’s performance by as much as 30%.
- Coaching can lead to an average short-term improvement in soft skills of 50%.
- A well-designed coaching intervention can easily achieve employee performance improvements of 25%.
- Coaching provides the best outcomes when combined with 360-degree.
- Millennial workers want feedback 50% more often than other employees.
- Engagement is highest among employees who meet with their manager at least once per week.
- Social/collaborative tools are a top learning technology priority for 44% of organisations.
- Social technologies can enable productivity gains as high as 25%.
Working with D2L, you can use social learning technologies to boost your coaching capabilities and better develop employees’ essential soft skills. Talk to us to find out how: https://www.d2l.com/contact/.