D2L is reaching more corporate learners in the UK and Europe as the pandemic creates additional pressures for reskilling and continued professional development
LONDON – 20th May, 2020 – D2L, a global learning technology leader, has announced further growth in the EMEA region, with more organisations deploying its Brightspace learning platform to make the corporate learning experience more flexible, personalised and engaging. At a time when face-to-face learning and development has not been possible, the Brightspace platform, created for the mobile learner, has proven a lifeline for organisations, offering rich multimedia to increase learner engagement. In addition, Brightspace’s analytics deliver valuable insight into the performance of departments, courses and individuals.
“Corporate learning has been rapidly evolving as employers need their workforces to continually upskill to stay competitive. With a large portion of the workforce operating remotely during the past year, businesses need a future-proof learning platform that is developed for mobile, can enable asynchronous learning experiences and offers robust learning analytics so that L&D professionals can track programme success. We are grateful to the diverse set of organisations which chose Brightspace as their solution to the numerous and complex learning challenges that we face today” said Alan Hiddleston, Director Corporate Learning EMEA, D2L.
New Brightspace enterprise customers include:
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF), which implemented Brightspace as its new learning platform in October 2020, aims to expand its online learning and development services for financial services professionals. With more than 140 years of experience as an awarding body for professional qualifications, degrees in finance and GCSE and A Level-equivalent qualifications, LIBF plans to migrate all of its courses to Brightspace over the next 12-24 months and over time take advantage of its robust features to integrate more rich content, create personalised learning paths, and add enhanced features into its courses.
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which is the professional body for HR and people development, selected D2L’s Brightspace in September 2020. The registered charity champions better work and working lives and has been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. CIPD believed D2L and Brightspace would be a good culture fit for CIPD and its learning aims. The new CIPD Learning Hub will make the CIPD’s world-class learning provision more accessible than ever to a wider range of learners and support them to embed the international standard for the people profession into their day-to-day practice.
- Teach First is a charity working for a fair education for all. It develops and supports teachers and leaders who are determined to make a difference where it’s needed the most in England. Teach First selected Brightspace to integrate with and bolster the existing functionality of its own platform, My Teach First, and facilitate the creation of a truly blended learning environment for all of its teacher training and school leadership programmes, reaching thousands of teachers and their support staff.
- The International Disability Alliance (IDA) is an umbrella Organisation of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs), with 8 global members and 6 regional members, in turn representing over 1,100 OPDs around the world. Together they promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities across global efforts to advance human rights and sustainable development. They support organisations of persons with disabilities to hold their governments to account and advocate for change locally, nationally and internationally. Capacity building is an important part of IDA’s work and that of its members. Through the D2L platform, they will be introducing various courses centred around disability inclusive development and human rights, including treaty body mechanisms, for both their members’ members, partner organisation staff and for others who are interested in learning more about these areas. These courses are being designed to be accessible as well as to accommodate learners based in the Global South with limited access to the internet, and to complement various in-person trainings including the Bridge CRPD-SDG training initiative.
- The National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA), an independent charity committed to making Ireland more inclusive by creating learning opportunities and pathways for adults looking to improve their literacy, numeracy, and digital skills. NALA has successfully launched Brightspace as the new learning platform to expand its online offering part of its 2020-2022 Strategic Plan. D2L has assisted with the full migration of NALA’s courses since March 2019, and will continue to work with them as they move all courses onto the new platform. Currently, 125 education centres across Ireland have already adopted the platform, with over two thousand learners currently engaged with its online programmes.
- Bank und Partner is a Vienna-based sales and communications training provider with clients including Deloitte, ET, Erste Bank and Novartis. Bank und Partner typically provides its training in-person, but the pandemic accelerated its shift to a digital academic approach, with D2L’s Brightspace platform chosen to facilitate this shift. D2L’s partnership approach, support and intuitive interface led to it being selected. Bank und Partner is aiming to shift to a programmatic learning approach for its users.
- The Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS) is the leading professional body for scientists, support staff and students in the field of biomedical science, with over 21,000 members in 74 countries. Typically, candidates compile evidence against set standards and are then assessed by an IBMS assessor in person. By choosing and deploying D2L’s Brightspace platform, IBMS aims to mitigate the costs and geographic difficulties associated with in-person assessment and provide its members with simple and seamless access to training, qualifications, and knowledge to progress their careers and stay relevant as the profession changes.
D2L announced in 2020 that Brightspace now has deeper integration with Microsoft Teams. Brightspace users with a Microsoft Teams license are now able to seamlessly transition between both tools with the Microsoft Teams Course Connector. This combines the strength and versatility of Brightspace as a learning platform with the power of Microsoft Teams to bring people together as colleagues and co-learners.
In March, Fosway Group, Europe’s #1 HR industry analyst focused on Next Gen HR, Talent and Learning, once again named Brightspace a Core Challenger in the 2021 Fosway 9-Grid™ for Learning Systems in the EMEA market. This is due to D2L’s innovative programmatic learning approach and its strong position within the expanding ecosystem of supplier options for European customers.
D2L is transforming the way the world learns – helping learners of all ages achieve more than they dreamed possible. Working closely with clients all over the world, D2L is supporting millions of people learning online and in person. Our more than 900 global employees are dedicated to making the best learning products to leave the world better than where they found it. Learn more about D2L for K-12, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform built by educators, for educators that work on any device. It is a secure, worry-free platform that allows you to create engaging courses using your technology to fit your needs. With Brightspace, you can easily set up individualised learning paths for your students, keep them on track with automated nudges, give them personalised feedback and engage them through gamification, social tools, video and other powerful features.
Brightspace is the only learning platform chosen as a partner of the National Federation of the Blind’s Centre of Excellence in Nonvisual Access. Brightspace was named the #1 LMS for Next-Gen Online Teaching and Learning by Ovum Research, #1 in Adaptive Learning by eLearning Magazine and Aragon Research also included D2L in its Hot Vendors In Learning list. Brightspace was also named the Best K-12 Learning Management System and Best Professional Learning Solution for Faculty and Administrative Staff at the SIIA CODiE Awards. To learn more, visit the Higher Education and Schools pages on our website.
D2L Press Contact
Jamie Waddell and Laurence Cooper
Finn Partners, 020 7017 8434
© 2020 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.