Micro-credentials Fireside Chat with Phil Long
Join Phil Long, Scholar at the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship at Georgetown University and Stephen Atherton, Education Account Executive, D2L ANZ as they discuss micro-credentials in this thought-provoking fireside chat. You will discover:
- What is a micro-credential?
- Origins of micro-credentials
- Protecting the validity of micro-credentials through a cryptographic signing mechanism
- Link between micro-credential and blockchain
- Applicability of micro-credentials in academic, corporate and government settings
Note: This fireside chat includes audience participation from the D2L ANZ team who were live in attendance at the session.
Phil Long is a seasoned academic with a global reputation as a leading authority on micro-credentials. Previously Phil was the Chief Innovation Officer and Associate Vice Provost at the University of Texas, Austin. He has also worked with the University of Queensland and MIT in technology-focused roles.
Stephen is the education lead for D2L ANZ and has worked with educational technology in higher education for over 25 years. Most notably Stephen spent 16 years with Apple Australia where he engaged with the higher education sector on collaborative projects, sales consulting, and professional development.