Emerging from pandemic schooling, it is tempting to return to routine academics in the name of learning recovery and acceleration. Instead, research suggests the first priority should be (re)establishing student connectedness with empathy and inclusiveness foremost. Student self-view, intrinsic motivations, and well-being are critical to their readiness to learn in fall 2021 and beyond.
In Part 1 hosted by EdWeb, we define SEL, outline research evidence, identify key system components, and share what makes for successful district and school programs.
In our upcoming webinar, Lighting the SEL Fuse Part 2, on November 17, 2021, 3-4 pm EST, join experts and practitioners for part two of this webinar series and:
- Discuss how to build an SEL program and integrate instructional practices
- Recognize social-emotional well-being as the fuse to learning recovery and ongoing student success
- Share best practices and success stories for authentically integrating social-emotional learning into the curriculum
- Vicki Robinson, LCSW, Social Worker , Oquirrh Elementary School, Jordan School District, Utah
- Chrysantha Norwood, Ed. S., Curriculum and Instruction Specialist, Distinctive College Prep – Harper Woods Public Charter School, Michigan
- (Host) David McGeary, Solutions Engineer, D2L