Desire2Learn Capture 7.1 delivers enhanced ease-of-use, security and simplified access to rich media communications
Desire2Learn Incorporated (“Desire2Learn”), a leading provider of enterprise teaching and learning platforms, today announced the release of Desire2Learn� Capture 7.1, providing full integration with the latest version of Desire2Learn Learning Suite.
Desire2Learn Capture consists of two major components: Capture Station and Capture Portal, which together enable the successful capture and broadcast of rich media presentations online, live and on-demand for lectures, events, productions, conferences, and much more. Key attributes of the latest version of Desire2Learn Capture include:
- Ability to stand-alone, operate within other learning management systems (LMSs) via embedded protocol or be fully integrated into the most recent version of Desire2Learn Learning Suite
- Integration into Desire2Learn Learning Environment with a Desire2Learn Capture plug-in to the Insert Stuff framework, enabling students and instructors to easily embed their rich media CaptureCast presentations into courses, ePortfolios, conferences, etc.
- Control of course and user access to the CaptureCast sessions through simple tagging within the Desire2Learn Capture Portal and Desire2Learn Learning Environment
- Single sign-on to Desire2Learn Learning Environment, enabling views to be tracked and users to participate in chat without having to register for a Desire2Learn Capture Portal account
- Expiration of links to CaptureCast sessions after a short period of time, ensuring presentations stay secure and accessible only to the target group of learners
One of the appeals of Desire2Learn Capture is that it enables time-strapped instructors to record their current instructional material, freeing up time to experiment more with the online environment as well as different approaches to engaging learners given that the core lecture is always available.
Clients have expressed excitement about this integration and simplified access to rich media communications:
“We really like the fact that people can comment. We like to obtain feedback. On our public access channel, we don’t receive any ratings or anything; it just feels like we’re putting material out in a vacuum. When we can put it online, however, and not only see the views, but also get people’s feedback, it’s such a valuable learning tool for us as producers.” Matt Gohl, Video Producer, Poudre School District
“I have used the Desire2Learn Capture hardware and software solutions to produce over 600 automated webcasts in a remotely-programmed rack of capture stations, and over 150 live events using mobile solutions. I am extremely pleased with the ease, accuracy and quality of the solution, as well as the help of the support team, albeit I rarely need them!” John Darmody, Co-Owner, Live Media Webcasting Inc.
Fifty clients have signed up for, and are currently undertaking, an exclusive “Try Before You Buy” Desire2Learn Capture program. For further information or demonstrations on Desire2Learn Capture, join one of the upcoming webinars, visit www.Desire2LearnCapture.com, call 1.888.772.0325, or email Info@Desire2Learn.com.