Desire2Learn Capture 7.0 offers increased accessibility, enhanced extensibility, functionality, security and ease-of-use
Desire2Learn Incorporated (“Desire2Learn”), a leading provider of enterprise teaching and learning platforms, today announced the latest release of Desire2Learn Capture 7.0, designed to offer an enhanced webcasting experience with a host of new and improved features.
Desire2Learn Capture is a complete webcasting solution that offers simultaneous streaming of video, audio and presentation visuals. With massive scalability and rich-media technology, Desire2Learn Capture enables presenters to deliver live or archived webcasts to a global audience of any size in an engaging and versatile online experience.
By enhancing the existing Desire2Learn Capture platform, version 7.0 assists users in better realizing the full potential of their presentations. Desire2Learn Capture 7.0 delivers a number of tool and feature improvements that result in enhanced user experience and usability. Several of the latest features include:
- compliance with Section 508, WCAG 2.0 web accessibility guidelines and requirements
- automation API to enable users to control basic functions of the Capture Station using room control devices
- ability to add tags to archives and live events, providing another method for organizing presentations
- easier embed code and link retrieval for the embedding of live and on-demand webcasts into external pages
- the ability to upload closed captioning scripts (subtitles) in SRT format, for playback in on-demand webcasts, and
- improvements to on-demand playback, social tools, production workflows, and audio monitoring
“Desire2Learn Capture 7.0 enables presenters to focus on their presentation and not worry about the technology, as well as offering attendees a front-row experience wherever they’re located,” states John Baker, President & CEO, Desire2Learn. “This latest release will ensure that Desire2Learn Capture continues to lead the future of webcast technology, providing an unparalleled online opportunity for users to present to global audiences.”