Desire2Learn releases Desire2Learn Web Services product to facilitate the integration and creation of additional applications with the Desire2Learn eLearning platform
Desire2Learn Inc. today launches Desire2Learn Web Services. This product is a web service interface to extend the functionality of the Learning Platform. With this interface, applications can be built or integrated seamlessly into Desire2Learn�s eLearning suite.
“Desire2Learn Web Services opens up a whole range of possibilities for Desire2Learn clients with increased functionality, efficiency and customization for their unique institutions.” said John Baker, Desire2Learn President & CEO. “Our technology partners are keenly interested in this product to pair their technology with ours for an enhanced learning experience for clients. Initial response from our clients has been extremely enthusiastic.”
Desire2Learn Web Services provides the following key benefits:
- Add functionality to the Desire2Learn Learning Environment by writing new applications
- Merge existing complementary applications and systems by integrating them with the Desire2Learn Learning Environment
Enables custom solutions
- Build custom solutions that tailor to any academic enterprise with a simple but powerful set of services
Builds on existing solutions
- Build robust, fault-tolerant systems that are adaptable to changing business needs
- Write better applications in less time by leveraging familiar technology and tools
- Simplify IT administration and reduce overall cost with the service-based interfaces
- Reduce costs by leveraging existing standards
- Utilize resources without the need for additional training
- Quickly build new systems from existing applications and avoid the need to rewrite and re-engineer
About Desire2Learn Inc.
Desire2Learn Inc. is a world-leading provider of enterprise eLearning solutions that enable institutions and other organizations to create teaching and learning environments that reflect their vision, values, goals, pedagogical approaches and branding. Desire2Learn supports over five million learners worldwide and clients include higher education, K-12, as well as associations, government, and other leading organizations. For more information, visit: www.Desire2Learn.com or call 1.888.772.0325.
Director of Marketing
(519) 772-0325 ext. 378