Desire2Learn engages educational leaders across North America at premier eLearning conference
Desire2Learn Incorporated (Desire2Learn), a leading provider of mission-critical enterprise eLearning solutions, is engaging participants and collaborating to develop answers to their eLearning questions at EDUCAUSE 2010, the premier IT event in Higher Education, being held this year in Anaheim, California from October 12 – 15, 2010.
The more than 3500 attendees, representing higher education institutions from across North America, will have an opportunity to experience, first-hand, the latest initiatives, product developments, unique applications of and colleagues’ experiences with Desire2Learn Learning Suite.
“Institutions are faced with questions regarding student retention, accessibility, data use, and exploring various models for delivering eLearning. They are seeking to maximize student potential by implementing an advanced, accessible and reliable learning management system (LMS),” states John McLeod, Director of Marketing, Desire2Learn. “Through active engagement with visionary clients, addressing the tough questions head-on, and world-class learning technology, we believe our strong partnerships will enable us to go well beyond the standard offerings of traditional LMSs to transform teaching and learning.”
As an EDUCAUSE Sponsor, Desire2Learn is offering eight workshops throughout the week. Desire2Learn experts and several key clients and partners are working together to deliver a slate of outstanding sessions:
Breaking Barriers to Effective Online Pedagogy
- Thursday, October 14, 2:00 – 2:50 PM PT
Desire2Learn Integration with Live@edu
- Wednesday, October 13, 2:30 – 3:20 PM PT
- Thursday, October 14, 8:00 – 8:50 AM PT
Elements of Accessible eLearning In Action!
- Wednesday, October 13, 11:30 AM – 12:20 PM PT
How ePortfolios are Shaping Education
- Wednesday, October 13, 3:30 – 4:20 PM PT
Mobile Learning Project – A View From the Top!
- Wednesday, October 13, 10:30 – 11:20 AM PT
- Thursday, October 14, 1:00 – 1:50 PM PT
Using Data and Resulting Insights to Make Those Tough Decisions
- Thursday, October 14, 3:30 – 4:20 PM PT
Full workshop descriptions are available at www.Desire2Learn.com/Educause.
Sessions delivered by both Desire2Learn clients and personnel will also be delivered throughout the week at the Desire2Learn booth (#1525) on the Exhibit Floor (Halls A and B) of the Anaheim Convention Center. Attendees will hear presentations on such topics as:
- Academic Analytics in the LMS
- Breaking Barriers to Effective Online Pedagogy
- Comic Strips in Desire2Learn: No Joke
- Helping you build better courses: Introducing Instructional Design Wizard and Course Builder
- I can integrate that with Desire2Learn? With IMS Basic Learning Tools Interoperability you can!
- Implementing Online Learning in Horticulture and Continuing Education
- Using Data and Resulting Insights to Make Those Tough Decisions
While at the Desire2Learn booth, attendees are invited to demo the slate of Desire2Learn products, watch presentations, and experience a whirlwind global tour on a scooter! A customized postcard and key for the raffles will be provided to participants of the booth activities. Be sure to drop by booth #1525 to find out more.