Diverse cross-section of K-12 schools, districts, departments/ministries of education, and state- and provincial-wide Virtual Schools use Desire2Learn to engage learners
Desire2Learn Inc., a leading provider of mission-critical enterprise eLearning solutions, today announced that several hundred K-12 schools, Virtual Schools, and departments of education across more than two dozen states and provinces are relying on the Desire2Learn solution to reach their learning vision. Spanning a diverse cross-section of primary and secondary educational institutions, K-12 systems are leveraging the Desire2Learn solution to create dynamic 21st century learning environments enabling anytime, anyplace access to learning resources and immediate access to peers, parents and teachers in a secure environment. Additionally K-12 educators are relying on Desire2Learn to standardize professional development offerings, reduce training costs, increase teaching time and provide opportunities for community building.
Designed to meet the unique needs of districts, teachers, parents and students, as well as “No Child Left Behind” accountability requirements, the Desire2Learn solution enables K-12 education providers to easily and efficiently manage numerous schools, courses, professional development programs and other specialized programs. Desire2Learn supports primary and secondary education needs with a secure and flexible environment, one that meets the reporting and management requirements of teachers and administration. The Desire2Learn technology accommodates unique roles such as parents, counselors, homeroom teachers, mentors and others to actively engage all appropriate stakeholders to assist in improving learner outcomes.
Desire2Learn Enables K-12 Education to:
- Offer individualized learning by creating unique learning paths based on student learning styles, interests and comprehension
- Standardize on requirements for movement from one grade level to another by using a comprehensive competency engine to assess student outcomes tied to state/provincial standards and expectations
- Benchmark assessment through evaluating student knowledge by offering innovative quizzing methods and self-assessment, and leveraging electronic rubrics instead of just numeric or letter grades
- Engage parents in their child’s learning by enabling them to view and actively participate in their child’s progress
- Increase eLearning adoption and improve student retention/outcomes through intuitive, user-centric design
- Share and collaborate with colleagues by accessing resources and course content through a learning object repository tied to state/ provincial standards and a suite of collaboration tools
- Measure success by assessing school, program and learner progress through harnessing powerful reporting capabilities
“Alabama Department of Education is committed to preparing our students for success,” said Melinda Maddox, Director, Technology Initiatives, Alabama Department of Education. “Desire2Learn is a key partner of the ACCESS program, our statewide eLearning initiative, as they assist us in making a difference and enable us to positively impact student achievement. Desire2Learn provides opportunities for our students: opportunities for our graduation rates to increase though credit recovery and flexible scheduling.”
“We have been working with K-12 educators since our inception trying to truly understand and meet their unique requirements, instead of applying a solution developed for higher education,” said John Baker, Desire2Learn President and CEO. “We’re pleased to assist our clients to provide a high quality education by harnessing the Desire2Learn technology to engage students and in turn improve learner achievement, and help our clients achieve their vision.”
“Desire2Learn partners with the nonprofit Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) to provide a platform for online courses and a repository for digital learning content for several states,” said Bill Thomas, SREB Director Educational Technology. “SREB reports good results from its member states that are using Desire2Learn products and services.”
About Desire2Learn Inc.
Desire2Learn Inc. is a world-leading provider of enterprise eLearning solutions that enable institutions and other organizations to create teaching and learning environments that reflect their vision, values, goals, pedagogical approaches and branding. Desire2Learn supports over four million learners worldwide and clients include higher education, K-12, as well as associations, government, and other leading organizations. For more information, visit: www.Desire2Learn.com or call 1.888.772.0325.
For information, contact:
(519) 772-0325 ext. 365