D2L is reaching more students in the UK, Europe, Middle East and South Africa
This year, educational institutions across the EMEA region have chosen D2L’s Brightspace platform to make the student learning experience more flexible, personalised and engaging. Created for the mobile learner, Brightspace offers rich multimedia to increase learner engagement. In addition, its analytics deliver insights into the performance levels of departments, courses and individuals.
“We have continued to have great success in the EMEA education market in 2018, with more schools, colleges and universities choosing Brightspace to modernise the learning experience,” said Elliot Gowans, Senior VP International, D2L. “This momentum is driven by student and teacher enjoyment of Brightspace. It is a learning platform that offers unparalleled flexibility, mobility and personalisation, which is what today’s educators and learners increasingly demand.”
“At D2L, we build strong relationships, and our customers are seeing real, tangible value through partnering with us. As a company, we believe it is important not only to deliver a best-of-breed learning platform, but to provide the collaboration and support to make the partnership a success. We look forward to strengthening these relationships and building upon our success even further.”
New Brightspace customers include:
The University of Huddersfield, a gold-rated University by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and the winner of the first Global Teaching Excellence Award, chose Brightspace to deliver a more engaging, personalised online learning experience for its students.
- “With technology already heavily embedded into the teaching culture at the university, we were fully aware of the impact the right tools can have on the learning experience. Our tendering process involved over 2,000 criteria and the usability test had four separate sections: student usability, basic staff testing, advanced staff to push the boundaries of the product, and admin staff testing. After this long process, Brightspace came out on top,” said Andrew Raistrick, business analyst and project manager at the University of Huddersfield.
The University of Suffolk chose Brightspace to deliver a more personalised, engaging learning experience to its students.
- “Brightspace is fantastic as it supports a blended learning approach, which gives our students the flexibility to learn wherever and whenever they need to. Whilst other learning platforms we tested were restrictive, Brightspace enables us to teach how we want to teach, and our students to learn how they want to learn. D2L has been a breath of fresh air to work with and we look forward to continuing our relationship,” said Ellen Buck, Head of Learning Services at the University of Suffolk.
The University of Highlands and Islands (UHI) chose Brightspace to deliver online learning to its further education and higher education students.
- “When looking for a new learning platform, it was really important that we found a company we could build a strong partnership with. D2L has proved it’s as committed as us to working together and delivering a flexible, engaging learning environment. We’re looking forward to strengthening our relationship going forward.”
The University of Applied Science in Amsterdam is using Brightspace to deliver a digital learning environment to a selection of its 46.000 students:
- “D2L’s Brightspace was picked because it’s rich and intuitive and integrates well with third party educational tools. With the help of D2L we managed to implement Brightspace within a period of three months. The flexibility of D2L’s implementation support, the knowledge of their people and the ability to come up with solutions that fit the needs of the client made it possible for us to create a smooth transition for teachers and students,” said Aart Schouten, IT Program manager Digital Learning Environment, Amsterdam University of Applied Science.
The European University Institute (EUI) is using Brightspace to deliver online learning.
- “We are looking forward to using the Brightspace platform, which will help us deliver online and blended offerings to our senior professionals and policy makers,” Jot van der Meijden, corporate applications officer at EUI.
The Hogeschool van Amsterdam, chose Brightspace to provide a more engaging, consistent and future-proof learning experience for its students and staff, across all platforms.
New Brightspace updates include:
- D2L announced a Continued Professional Development (CPD) offering for professionals in Higher Education. D2L’s integrated CPD offering will help customers address several industry challenges: new regulations now require lecturers and academic staff to continue learning; academics need to acquire new skills to maintain their credentials; there is a shift away from seat-time to competency-based learning; modern learners are demanding access on their smartphones and tablets; and new skills are required to leverage technology to support learning. The new offering supports institutions in addressing their professional development needs, helping to reduce staff turnover, increase engagement and improve productivity – all in one platform.
- D2L announced an updated version of its Brightspace platform in Spring 2018, its Emerald Release, which provided an intuitive social and mobile-friendly teaching and learning experience for people around the world. This was followed by its Magenta Release in October 2018 which lets students around the world get structured and meaningful feedback on any learning activity, helping to improve their learning outcomes. New features include the ability to assign and assess learning happening outside the digital environment, anonymous grading, a new user experience for rubrics and more powerful quizzing.
Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform that makes online and blended learning easy, flexible and smart. Brightspace is a quantum leap beyond traditional Learning Management Systems (LMS) – it is easy to drag-and-drop content to create engaging courses, supports all mobile devices, has industry-leading up-time and is accessible for all learners. Plus, Brightspace enables the future of learning with a gaming engine, adaptive learning, video management, intelligent agents, templated interactives for course design, full support for outcomes or competency-based learning, and actionable learning analytics.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with clients, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
UK Press Contact
020 3217 7060
D2L Press Contact
Vice President, Demand Generation, D2L Ltd
© 2018 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.