Looks Forward to a year of Innovative Projects, a thriving Workplace and Best-in-Class LMS
In 2017, D2L continues to grow and expand its global leadership position with a greater share of the global learning technology market. It earned high praise for Brightspace, which was heralded for innovative work in corporate learning and higher education. D2L was also recognized as a highly sought-after place to work in Canada.
“Our Brightspace platform continues to meet the challenges our corporate and academic customers face in a swiftly evolving education market,” said John Baker, President and CEO of D2L. “Our solid growth and high honors come from our pursuit of excellence for customers, user-friendly technology and commitment to make D2L the best possible place to work.”
D2L leads in innovation with projects, such as the new joint competency-based education (CBE) program in North Carolina, which addresses the state’s teacher shortage. Work performed for MetLife and St. Leo University was recognized for excellence in industry awards. D2L earned praise for its products with several distinctions for D2L’s learning platform Brightspace. In addition, PC Magazine highlighted Brightspace in its Best LMS of 2017 report and Getting Smart added the platform to its Top 30 Smart List.
Here is a sampling of the global customers that selected Brightspace in 2017:
University of North Carolina System, North Carolina State University (NC State) and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), Loyola Marymount University (LMU), St. Catherine University, DePaul University, Indiana Wesleyan University, University of Ottawa, Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education, WSIPC
D2L’s talented workforce continues to thrive and has also received accolades. Canada’s official job search engine, Eluta.ca, which administers Canada’s Top 100 Employers® project, listed the company as one of the Waterloo Area’s Top Employers.
Below is a listing of D2L’s awards or other distinctions from 2017:
- The company received a “Leader” distinction in the Aragon Research Globe for Corporate Learning™. D2L’s Brightspace was recognized for its differentiation in learner experience, social assessment, content creation and curation, integrated video across the platform, and analytics.
- Brightspace users ranked it at the top in the 13th Annual Best of eLearning! User-Choice Awards. D2L was named a winner and honored for its best-in-class solutions across the learning and technology marketplace as ranked by software users.
- D2L’s customer, MetLife, won Bronze in the Brandon Hall Excellence Awards. The financial services company won in the category of Best Advance in Learning Technology Implementation, which honored MetLife’s effort to adapt D2L’s enterprise learning technology to create WE Connect, a platform that enables individualized, continuous learning among MetLife’s global workforce.
- St. Leo University’s implementation of D2L Brightspace was awarded Honorable Mention by the IMS Global Awards for 2017. IMS recognized the deployment of the learning management system due to its innovative use of technology to support and enhance learning.
- Waterstone Human Capital honoured D2L as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2017 Mid-Market. The cultural talent management firm’s award is in its 14th year and “recognize best-in-class Canadian organizations and CEOs for embracing cultures that enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.”
Brightspace by D2L helps you reach every learner — in any learning environment — by making blended classrooms and online learning easy, flexible and smart. Brightspace is a reliable cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that makes it simple for instructors to create engaging digital learning experiences that are accessible by all learners on any mobile device. It’s a powerful teaching and learning tool that enables instructors to design courses, create content and grade assignments — and it features a gaming engine, adaptive learning, video, full support for outcomes or competency-based learning, and world-leading learning analytics.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with organizations globally, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online or in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education, and businesses at www.D2L.com.
Vice President, Demand Generation, D2L Ltd
© 2017 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.