Nine new customers select Brightspace to personalize learning while three existing D2L customers strongly value the partnership and renew their Brightspace subscription
D2L, which has helped transform and modernize learning for people all over the world, announces that organizations across Latin America have embraced its Brightspace LMS (learning management system). Nine new customers have adopted Brightspace and three existing customers renewing.
“Latin American schools are becoming true pioneers in edtech, and they are innovating in education with new models, processes and approaches. Brightspace is an ideal solution for schools that want to modernize their learning environments and ensure their students are more fully prepared for careers or continuing education,” stated Juan Lucca, D2L’s VP of Sales for Latin America.
New Brightspace customers in the region include Banco del Pacifico, Coflex, Coldinsqui EAFIT, Ibero, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (UAM), and Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador (PUCE). Recently announced new customers include:
- The Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia (UCC), based in Medellin, with 50,000+ students, 4,500+ teachers and 2,500+ employees, is implementing Brightspace to support competency-based learning: “Brightspace is an important and strategic ally for all the processes that ensure academic quality. D2L is a solid company that has a team of multidisciplinary professionals with a clear idea of trends and education tools,” said Maria Mercedes Ruiz Cediel, National Director of Educational Innovation and Technologies of UCC.
- Aliat Universidades, a university based in Mexico with 27 campuses across the country, selected Brightspace LeaP™, D2L’s adaptive learning product, to personalize the learning and improve the quality of its educational offerings: “We expect that by being part of our institution, both students and teachers will receive added value through this implementation. We want to offer a world-class learning experience,” said Amilcar Eli Escalante Bolibar, Director of Academic Programs and Optimization for Aliat Universidades.
Brightspace customer renewals or contract extensions include:
- UNIT (Universidade Tiradentes), the second largest University in the Northeast region of Brazil, UNIT has more than 30,000 students, 5 campuses and 28 educational centers across the region. UNIT looks to D2L as an important partner to their success, and has extended its partnership with D2L.
- IAE Business School, which has 38 years of experience in the education of entrepreneurs and executives in Latin America. The school has a staff of 50 full-time teachers and a network of more than 12,500 graduate students from different nationalities, who work in almost 50 countries.
- FAESA, a private institution founded in the 1970s with 3 campuses and more than 50 courses offered, has been using Brightspace Learning Environment and a full package of D2L’s integrated solutions since 2013. Recognized this year as the institution with the best internship practices in Brazil, FAESA has renewed with D2L.
D2L’s customer base continues to grow rapidly in Latin America alongside its growing workforce in the region. The company’s track record of innovation continues to be widely recognized- Fast Company Ranked D2L #6 on the Most Innovative Companies of 2016 list in the Data Science Category and eLearning Magazine recently rated D2L as #1 in Adaptive Learning.
D2L’s Brightspace is a learning management system (LMS) that helps schools and institutions deliver personalized learning in a classroom or online to people anywhere in the world. Created for the digital learner, Brightspace is cloud-based, runs on mobile devices, and offers rich multimedia to increase engagement, productivity and knowledge retention. The platform makes it easy to design courses, create content, and grade assignments, giving instructors more time to focus on what’s most important – greater teaching and learning. At the same time, analytics reports track and deliver insights into the performance levels of departments, courses, or individuals. Brightspace was recently named the #1 LMS in Higher Ed by Ovum Research and Aragon Research included Brightspace in its highly-coveted Hot Vendors In Learning list.
D2L is the software leader that makes the learning experience better. The company’s cloud-based platform is easier to use, more flexible, and smart. With Brightspace, companies can personalize the experience for every learner to deliver real results. The company is a world leader in learning analytics: its platform predicts learner performance so that organizations can take action in real-time to keep learners on track. Brightspace is used by learners in higher education, K-12, and the enterprise sector, including the Fortune 1000. D2L has operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore. www.D2L.com/brightspace.
IMS para D2L
Senior Public Relations Director, D2L Ltd.