NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND VIRTUAL FUSION 2020 IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
The 2020 Superpower Spotlight (“Talent Competition”) is hosted by D2L Corporation and its affiliate entities (collectively “D2L”). The submission window for the Talent Competition begins on June 19, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 4, 2020 at 11:59PM ET (the “Submission Period”).
D2Ls Superpower Spotlight is open to all D2L employees as well as employees of organizations or institutions and other parties who are registered to attend Fusion 2020 who are over the age of majority in their country/state/province/territory of residence at the time of entry and who have validly submitted a completed audition. Void where prohibited.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To submit an Audition for the Talent Competition of yourself (or group), organization or institution, follow these steps (the “Audition Submission”).
- Record your 2-4 minute original performance (“Audition”)
- Send your Audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Talent Competition Administrators”) before the submission deadline. In your Audition submission email include your name, title and the name of your organization or institution.
- Submission Deadline Periods:
For the purposes of this Talent Competition, original performance means an original and creative work based on participant’s original ideas and expressions. Reproducing an existing work may require the participant to obtain permission from the copyright holder, as applicable.
An Audition may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of D2L): (i) the Audition is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Submission period; (ii) your Audition is not submitted in accordance with these Rules; and/or (iii) your Audition is not in accordance with the specific Submission Requirements listed below. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Awards is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by D2L. D2L is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Auditions (all of which are void).
All Auditions are subject to verification at any time. D2L reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to D2L– including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in the Talent Competition. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of D2L in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of receipt of a valid Audition is the time check of the Talent Competition Administrators
BY SUBMITTING YOUR AUDITION, YOU AGREE THAT THE AUDITION (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR AUDITION. THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
By submitting your Audition, each participant in D2Ls Superpower Spotlight warrants and represents that his/her Audition:
- does not contain any statements which are untrue, incorrect or misleading as of the date the audition is submitted;
- is original to the participant and that all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of any videographer, photographer or copyright/ trademark holder, if applicable) in and to the contents of the Audition Submission have been obtained for purposes of the Talent Competition;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of D2L); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behavior or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of D2L; any identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos not subject to fair use, other than those of D2L (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your audition must not contain any visible logos, trademarks or other third party materials not subject to fair use unless the appropriate consents have been obtained — note: all identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos not subject to fair use for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by D2Ls Talent Competition Administrators in their sole and absolute discretion.
- If using YouTube as the platform to submit your Audition, you must comply with the YouTube Community Guidelines. YouTube is not a sponsor of this competition and is relieved of any and all liability arising from the Superpower Spotlight.
D2L’s Talent Competition Administrators will initially screen every Audition received during the Submission Period and will select and notify those participants who will have been chosen to participate in the Superpower Spotlight. Reviewing will take place the next day following the entry deadline of each month. If you make the cut, you will be notified by email and advised when your performance will be ‘aired’ on D2L’s Superpower Spotlight. Performances will be reviewed based on the following criteria: entertainment value, talent, creativity, and originality. Any audition that the Talent Competition Administrators deem, in their sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules will be subject to disqualification.
By submitting an Audition, you (to the greatest extent legally permissible): (i) grant to D2L , in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your Audition, in whole or in part, for the D2L Superpower Spotlight ; (ii) waive all moral rights in and to your Submission in favor of D2L; and (iii) agree to release and hold harmless D2L and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Audition. For greater certainty, D2L’s Talent Competition Administrators reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or remove any Audition, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Audition, for any reason.
Each month during virtual Fusion there will be a Superpower Spotlight segment (exact date and times: TBD). It will be led by a host and a panel of 4 commentators, who will introduce the participants and provide feedback and commentary on their performance.
- There will be one live show per month (on Wednesdays) during the course of Fusion (July-Dec) and the finale will take place in December.
- All selected contestants will receive a schedule so they know which month their performance will be showcased.
- All Fusion attendees who attend the Superpower Spotlight segment will have the opportunity to select their favorite performance from that month through live polling. Attendees will be asked to vote for the performance they like the best based on entertainment value, talent, creativity, and originality.
- The performance that receives the highest score during live polling will be declared the winner for that month.
- The winner from each month (July – November) will then compete in the December Finale
- Each monthly winner will participate in the December Finale and the person or group who receives the highest score following live polling will be declared the winner.
The odds of winning depend on the number of auditions received during the competition and will depend on attendee ranking of performances.
The winner of the Superpower Spotlight will receive a one (1) D2L Superpower Spotlight trophy (valued at approximately $49) (the “Prize”).
Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by D2L in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at D2Ls option. D2L reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at D2L’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. Prize will only be awarded to the person whose verifiable full name and valid email address appears on the Form. The value of the Prize may be taxable to winner as income. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three attempts to contact the winning Audition selected by telephone or email (using the information provided) within five business days of the Live virtual event. If the selected winner cannot be contacted within five business days of the Live event, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then the selected winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select the runner up by second highest number of likes determined by the live polling in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new eligible winner).
BEFORE BEING AWARDED THE PRIZE, the winner will be required to sign and return within five business days of notification D2L’s declaration and release form.
The Winner are subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the voting attendees and D2L with respect to all aspects of the Awards are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Auditions and/or nominees. By participating in D2Ls Superpower Spotlight, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the website; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Audition to be received for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in D2Ls Superpower Spotlight; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
D2L reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend the Auditions or the Competition (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of D2L that interferes with the proper conduct of D2L’s Superpower Spotlight as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of D2Ls Superpower Spotlight in any way (as determined by D2L in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the D2L reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. D2L reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend D2Ls Superpower, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason.
D2L reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Audition with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of D2L, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Winner as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
D2L reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revoke or amend any Winner in the event that D2L determines that any of the content or statements made in a Submission are illegal, untrue, incorrect or misleading.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Winner-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Form, Website, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.