D2L Fusion 2021
Thank you for being a part of D2L Fusion! We look forward to having you present at Fusion and want to provide some information and tools to help you prepare for, announce and deliver an excellent presentation.
1. Take Care of Your Registration Details
Make sure you register for Fusion. You must be registered in order to access the Fusion “venue” and resources. And be sure to confirm your mailing address so that we can send you a presenter gift!
2. Share Your Participation on Social Media
We’re excited to include your session in this year’s Fusion and encourage you to share your participation on social media.
Feel free to use the social graphics here in conjunction with any social media posts you’re sharing about Fusion.
- As soon as your presentation is confirmed, you can start promoting your session on your own social media channels to increase exposure for your presentation and build interest in your topic(s).
- If you are on Twitter, in addition to tweeting regularly before the event, remember to also tweet on the day of your session to continue to generate excitement and spark conversation about your presentation.
We also want to share your posts, so be sure to tag @D2L and use #D2LFusion!
3. Add and Then Confirm Your Materials in Our Learning Repository (LOR)
Once you register for Fusion, we can add you as a presenter in the LOR so that you can share your presentation resources (slide deck, documents, etc.). Note: The LOR will be available starting closer to Fusion.
- You’ll find the LOR in the Brightspace course being used for Fusion On-Demand.
- To find Fusion On-Demand, log in to the virtual conference platform, then click one of the links to Fusion On-Demand.
- Once you’re in there, you’ll see a link on the navigation bar titled “Add My Session Materials.” (link to the LOR)
- Please fill out the requested information, including your session title, and then publish everything to the Fusion 2021 repository.
4. Upload Your Photo to the Website
- Log in to the Speaker’s Portal.
- Select “Speaker Details.”
- Select “Edit.”
- Select “Upload Photo.”
- Select the photo you would like to use for your profile.
- Select “Save.”
- Your photo will automatically populate on the “Speakers” page of the Fusion website.
Tips for a Great Presentation
Practice your session. Be thoroughly familiar with your material, and ask others for feedback on your presentation and presenting style.
Be engaging. Encourage attendees to use Q&A and chat and to share about the presentation on social media. To hold the audience’s attention, engage attendees with storytelling and by asking them to share related and relevant experiences.
Strive to make a lasting impression. Have one to three takeaways from your session that the audience can use or learn from—point them out verbally or include them in your presentation or a handout that attendees can download.
Share your contact information. Provide your social media handles, LinkedIn profile, and email address so attendees can connect with you after the session.
Join the conversation. Check social media and the discussion forum in Fusion On-Demand, and reply to any posts or questions about your session.
Frame yourself properly
Think of the frame as a professional headshot. Aim to have the area from your head to your waist/ribs in the frame, and make sure your camera is pointing directly at eye level. Your monitor should be at a 90 degree angle (flat).
- Tip: Your eyes should be around one third of the way down from the top of your screen.
Avoid dark spaces and light from the front
Make sure you have a strong light source and that the light source is not behind you. Cameras focus on the brightest light source, so if you are sitting in front of a window, for example, your camera will focus on the light behind you. Play with different lighting ahead of time so that you are ready for event day.
- Tip: Try pointing a lamp at a white wall or ceiling to provide bright, even room lighting.
Have a clean background
Avoid cluttered backgrounds and remove distractions from the frame. Clean spaces are visually appealing and will make you the focus! Try also to avoid wearing shirts with busy patterns.
FAQ and Technical Assistance
Visit our Attendee FAQ page for troubleshooting any technical difficulties.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Fusion@d2l.com.