Avoid disruption due to unexpected school closures with easy transitional learning.
From time to time, institutions must close unexpectedly due to emergency situations such as inclement weather, natural disaster, emergency repairs to facilities, or even community illness. Unexpected and extended institutions closures disturb learning progress. We believe institution closures should not be taken lightly, but in the event they are necessary, preparation is required.
D2L has over 20 years’ experience helping schools shift to fully online or blended learning. We work closely with our customers all over North America to develop tailored plans in case of prolonged closures. This includes building school districts’ understanding of how to best support equitable learning continuity with an online learning platform. Brightspace provides scalable and personalized learning anytime and anywhere. We have clients who are using Brightspace in their learning continuity plans on a regular basis today. This experience has built our understanding of what is necessary to make learning work outside the classroom for periods of time.
Brightspace has the tools to engage students, teachers, and parents
- A seamless way to connect face-to-face with multiple parties for instruction, assessment, and feedback using virtual classrooms
- Keep parents connected with a parent portal
- Give great feedback using video notes, annotations, and rubrics
- Keep students on track with automated nudges
- Automate the release of content and assessments—all based on a student’s activity
within a course
- Students can build presentation and critical thinking skills using built-in video capabilities
Download this one-page document to learn how Brightspace can help your organisation implement and plan to ensure learning will continue, even when institutions are closed.