Engage with learners in real time.
The Brightspace Daylight Experience is the new look and feel for Brightspace products. In our previous release, Brightspace Capture™, Brightspace Degree Compass™, and Brightspace Assignment Grader for Android™ were updated with Daylight. Now, you’ll also have early access to Daylight for testing in Brightspace Learning Environment.
With an updated layout, fonts, icons, and a responsive navigation bar, you’ll be able to see how easy it will be to use the Learning Environment from any device. Once you turn Daylight on, you’ll be able to follow along as more updates are rolled out every month.
We’re continually adding new functionality to Pulse, and with Summer16 we’re introducing the ability to read and reply to Discussions right from the app. Users can easily stay connected and engaged in their group discussions from wherever they are.
- A new widget and tighter integration with the Learning Environment. This will help streamline the process for you to quickly create and add videos to your courses and make it easier for students to find and watch videos.
- Adaptive multi-bit streaming so that you no longer have to worry about delivering a live event with spotty internet coverage. If your bandwidth fluctuates, the video quality will adjust automatically so that your event keeps broadcasting seamlessly.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook® that allows you to add Capture events directly in a calendar invitation. Participants can open the event with a click from the invite.
- Polls that can be added to live events so that you can survey your audience and then speak to the results. Connecting with your audience will help you make your events more engaging than ever.
Deliver feedback when it matters.
Giving students feedback at the right time can be the difference that helps them succeed. Summer16 delivers additional learning analytics tools designed to help instructors do just that by putting intelligent, actionable information in their hands when and where they need it.
- The user progress tool in Brightspace Learning Environment gives instructors the timely information they need to understand how their students are progressing through a course. Recent enhancements to the tool include a new report on how students are accessing the course as well as content download metrics.
- When you purchase Brightspace Insights™, data from across the entire learning ecosystem is analysed in real time and you can use the resulting knowledge to take action quickly. The new class engagement dashboard provides a class list with interactive data tiles that can be filtered, sorted, and searched so that you can see student activity, progress, and achievement. Then, you can email those students with one simple click to provide the support they need.
- For institutional-level learning data users, Summer16 once again improves data access by adding CSV exports with the new data hub—designed for easy data automation and integration.