New features will help put employees on the fast-track to master new skills
Today, D2L launches its Magenta Release — the latest version of its Brightspace learning platform — making it easy for organisations to evaluate and give clear and transparent feedback on employee skills.
Skills development is a top concern of Learning and Development (L&D) professionals and business leaders — and 69% of L&D leaders say talent development is their top priority. That’s why D2L has added rubrics for employees and managers in the Magenta release. Rubrics are a tool that instructors leverage to create consistency and set clear expectations for their learners. Soft skills and good-quality feedback can be hard to assess — and measuring skills can be a key ingredient in helping employees continue to progress in their careers.
With the Magenta release, Brightspace makes it easier for organisations to evaluate employee skills and provide clear and transparent feedback.
The Magenta Release includes the following powerful features for businesses and organisations:
- A new user experience for rubrics makes it easier to evaluate employee learning and give clear and transparent feedback. Rubrics also help give more timely feedback to employees, allowing instructors to more quickly identify their learning needs.
- The ability to assign and assess learning happening outside the digital environment — like presentations, skill demonstrations, or field work — providing an easy way to handle feedback and assessment in the moment.
- Powerful new data and analytics tools — Magenta’s new Data Solutions Consulting packages help users focus on defining data-driven goals, completing a needs analysis and feasibility study and building a data solution required to gain insights and answer identified business problems.
- A course adventure pack makes it easy for learning and development managers to create content integrating game-based learning, storytelling, interactive assessment and awards leaderboard elements into training material to help improve employee engagement, retention, achievement and outcomes.
- Improvements to quizzing — including a dynamic preview for question pools in quizzes, and more data on quiz attempts with character counts on quiz logs help to streamline the quiz- creation experience. Employees will appreciate auto-saving during the quiz experience, and the ability to take a quiz in full-screen – particularly helpful taking a quiz on a mobile device – making it easier to focus by being fully immersed.
- A Manager Dashboard helps keep employees on track by setting due dates and clear expectations for assignments. Employees can stay also stay better organised and navigate to their courses quickly by having their course cards grouped by role or department.
WHAT CORPORATE USERS ARE SAYING ABOUT BRIGHTSPACE
“Usability is paramount for us as we need our learners to like the interface and user experience, so they keep coming back to us. Brightspace features such as its search and find functionality, ePortfolios and detailed analytics are also key in helping us deliver a much more comprehensive learning platform. Indeed, our customers now have access to tools that help their academics learn faster and more effectively, plus they have full insight into each learner’s progress and attendance – something we’ve never been able to provide before.”
Ross Whistler, product manager – British Medical Journal (BMJ).
“As a company, we are constantly monitoring emerging trends and taking steps to ensure that our customers are utilising the most up-to-date, innovative technologies and D2L does the same. Brightspace has been configured to meet our unique needs and is flexible and sophisticated enough to manage even the most complicated training courses with ease. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal and delivering the best possible learning experience is a critical part of that. It is clear that D2L shares our vision for the future of learning, so it’s exciting to work with a partner that will help us stay at the forefront of innovation and continue to offer truly world-class learning solutions.”
Zoe Robinson, director of learning – Kaplan UK.
“Before we adopted D2L, our instructors would send out text-based weekly announcements. Now, almost all of them are creating a weekly video message instead. Feedback on this new feature has been extremely positive, so it’s been a great way for us to quickly boost learner engagement.”
Matt Smith, Chief Learning Officer — Nutritional Therapy Association
“Brightspace allows us to provide rich content, improve an employee’s opportunities and improve their ability to execute — while still allowing them the freedom to do their day-to-day work. This earns buy-in from managers and employees alike and makes adopting a new learning program easier for the entire organization.”
Lisa Cairns, Director of E-Learning — Smith
Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform that makes online and blended learning easy, flexible and smart. Brightspace is a quantum leap beyond traditional Learning Management Systems (LMS) – it is easy to drag-and-drop content to create engaging courses, supports all mobile devices, has industry-leading up-time and is accessible for all learners. Plus, Brightspace enables the future of learning with a gaming engine, adaptive learning, video management, intelligent agents, templated interactives for course design, full support for outcomes or competency-based learning, and actionable learning analytics.
D2L’s Brightspace was recently named the #1 LMS in Higher Ed by Ovum Research and #1 in Adaptive Learning by eLearning Magazine. In addition, Aragon Research included D2L in its highly coveted Hot Vendors In Learning list.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with clients, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
D2L Press Contact
Jamie Waddell and Laurence Cooper
Finn Partners, 020 7017 8434
© 2020 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.