New ‘Indigo’ release puts employees in the driver’s seat in their own learning
Global learning technology leader D2L today announced ‘Indigo’— the latest version of its Brightspace learning platform — which empowers employees to take control of their own learning paths in a competitive global economy.
“This is a time of widespread disruption across the workforce in every part of the globe — a time when employers need their workforce to upskill to stay competitive,” said D2L President and CEO John Baker. “This latest release of Brightspace gives employers and employees the tools they need to keep ahead of this disruption and to actualise a learning culture that is critical to today’s corporate success.”
The Indigo release includes the following powerful capabilities for businesses and organisations:
Foster a Culture of Learning
- Employees will stay motivated by driving their own learning experiences. It’s easy and intuitive for them to search, discover and self-enrol in courses that interest them by using the Discover tool in Brightspace.
- Learning professionals and managers will be able to deliver modern learning experiences and employee upskilling in Brightspace by using Learning Paths. Group multiple courses into a logical, easy-to-follow path, allowing learners to chart their progress and know what they need to work on next (planned for summer 2019).
Improve Employee Engagement
- Employees will enjoy an improved experience when accessing content in Brightspace — including intuitive and clear navigation, full-screen viewing, and progress and completion status — all accessible from any device.
- Learning professionals can create a space for collaboration by having employees post in the activity feed to ignite conversations and discussion.
Motivate Employees with Impactful Feedback
- Managers and learning professionals can provide timely feedback to employees by being able to quickly find and prioritise submissions from one place with Quick Eval.
- Specific and relevant feedback is much more meaningful than a general comment. You can use annotations to mark up a document and let your employees know which parts stood out and which parts you have suggestions for.
- Another great way to provide feedback is with rubrics — they can be used to show exactly where an employee stands and what the opportunities are to go to the next level. With a new rubrics creation experience, it’s incredibly easy and intuitive to create a rubric to use for feedback and evaluation.
Make Data-Driven Decisions
- On-demand access to easy-to-understand information gives learning professionals data to make smart decisions about their corporate learning experiences.
- Administrators can fuel ROI discussions with data that clearly show how Brightspace is being used with the Adoption Dashboard.
- Identify groups of employees and individuals who are doing well or those who are struggling, with the Engagement Dashboard.
In addition, Indigo contains a number of other improvements, including the ability to import and play xAPI content, easily download in-line formative feedback as a PDF, restrict courses available for managers to assign to their employees in the Manager Dashboard, and create a more intuitive workflow to assign courses and add employees to Learning Groups.
Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform built by educators, for educators that works on any device. It’s secure, worry-free technology that puts customers first — allowing you to create engaging courses within your existing technology to fit your unique needs. With Brightspace, you can easily set up individualised learning paths for your students, keep them on track with automated nudges, provide them with personalised feedback and increase their engagement through gamification, social tools, video and other powerful features.
Brightspace is the only learning platform chosen as a partner of the National Federation of the Blind’s Strategic Nonvisual Access Partnership programme, which has been redesigned as their Centre of Excellence in Nonvisual Access. Brightspace was named the #1 VLE in Higher Ed by Ovum Research and #1 in Adaptive Learning by eLearning Magazine. Aragon Research also included D2L in its highly coveted Hot Vendors In Learning list. To learn more, visit the Higher Education and K-12 pages on our website.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with organisations globally, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
D2L Press Contact
Jamie Waddell and Laurence Cooper
Finn Partners, 020 7017 8434
© 2019 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.