D2L is reaching more enterprise learners in the UK, Europe, Middle East and South Africa
D2L, the global learning technology leader, announced further growth in the EMEA region, with new enterprise customers deploying its Brightspace learning platform.
In 2018, enterprises across the EMEA region have selected D2L’s Brightspace platform to modernise and tailor their learning experiences. Created for the mobile learner, Brightspace offers rich multimedia to increase learner engagement. In addition, its analytics deliver insights into the performance levels of departments, courses and individuals.
“We have had a great year building on last year’s success and have continued to extend our reach to more corporate learners across EMEA,” said Elliot Gowans, Senior VP International, D2L. “At D2L, we are always looking for innovative ways to enhance the learning experience and develop professional skills, which saves organisations precious time, money and resources.”
“The sophistication and flexibility of Brightspace makes it the perfect platform for companies looking to implement a more modern, adaptive and personalised learning experience for their employees. Our growth in 2018 reflects the dedication and commitment we are making to our Brightspace platform, as well as to our customer relationships. We’re looking forward to continued growth and success going forward.”
New Brightspace customers include:
BMJ, a global healthcare knowledge provider, chose Brightspace to help improve the learning environment of its Research to Publication, a global research methodology and publishing programme for early career academics in healthcare research that has been created in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco.
- “Following our intensive testing process with D2L, it became apparent early on that Brightspace was the best platform for us. Not only have we been able to customise the platform to accommodate our volume of content, but it is engaging and easy to use. Usability is paramount for us as we need our learners to like the interface and user experience, so they keep coming back to us. Brightspace features such as its search and find functionality, ePortfolios and detailed analytics are also key in helping us deliver a much more comprehensive learning platform. Indeed, our customers now have access to tools that help their academics learn faster and more effectively, plus they have full insight into each learner’s progress and attendance – something we’ve never been able to provide before,” said Ross Whistler, product manager at BMJ.
Kaplan UK, the UK’s leading provider of professional education to the accountancy, legal and financial services sector, deployed D2L’s Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS) to provide Kaplan’s learners with greater flexibility for self-paced, personalised learning.
- “As a company, we are constantly monitoring emerging trends and taking steps to ensure that our customers are utilising the most up-to-date, innovative technologies and D2L does the same. Brightspace has been configured to meet our unique needs and is flexible and sophisticated enough to manage even the most complicated training courses with ease. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal and delivering the best possible learning experience is a critical part of that. It is clear that D2L shares our vision for the future of learning, so it’s exciting to work with a partner that will help us stay at the forefront of innovation and continue to offer truly world-class learning solutions,” said Zoe Robinson, director of learning, Kaplan UK.
ICAS (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland) is using Brightspace to facilitate professional learning for around 3,000 Chartered Accountant students across Scotland.
- “Brightspace provides us with the flexibility and functionality that is commensurate with studying in today’s education landscape. Our approach to learning encompasses wholly online, hybrid and blended pedagogies. The ease of use and features offered within the learning environment provide us with an opportunity to enhance the student experience whilst maintaining an eye on the future affordances of technology,” said Lee Dunn, Senior Operations Manager, ICAS Education
ICAEW (The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) is using Brightspace to deliver learning to its Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- “ICAEW prides itself on offering the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. By using Brightspace, our learners are able to take advantage of an intelligent, engaging and adaptive learning platform that enables them to study wherever and whenever they choose. We look forward to continuing our relationship with D2L going forward,” said James Metcalf, ICAEW Digital Media Manager.
The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA), which is responsible for the management of Irish controlled airspace, the safety regulation of Irish civil aviation and the oversight of civil aviation security in Ireland, deployed Brightspace to provide its learners with a more flexible, engaging learning experience.
Cass Business School: City, University of London is using Brightspace for its employability learning courses.
New Brightspace updates include:
D2L announced an updated version of its Brightspace platform, its Magenta Release, in October 2018 which makes it easy for organisations to evaluate and give clear and transparent feedback on employee skills. New features include a new user experience for rubrics, powerful new data and analytics tools, improvements to quizzing and a new manager dashboard.
Renewed Brightspace partnerships include:
Naseej, the leading knowledge solutions provider in the Arab World, renewed and deepened its long-standing relationship with D2L to help higher education customers in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) region navigate the complex education industry.
- “D2L is stronger than ever and we are convinced that Brightspace offers our customers the easiest, most flexible and innovative teaching and learning experience available. We are excited to continue our relationship with D2L and continue to deliver high quality education products to our customers,” said Mohammed Hussamadin, Director-Knowledge Assets Management Division at Naseej
D2L’s Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform that makes learning easy, flexible and smart. Brightspace is not like a traditional Learning Management System (LMS)–it is easy to create engaging courses and content, integrate video, personalise learning, capture and share expertise across the organisation and supports all mobile devices. Plus, Brightspace enables the future of learning with adaptive learning, intelligent agents, course interactives, full support for competency-based learning and world-leading learning analytics. Our clients report improved productivity, performance growth, lower turnover of employees, greater engagement and ultimately better business outcomes.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with clients, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
D2L Press Contact
Jamie Waddell and Laurence Cooper
Finn Partners, 020 7017 8434
© 2020 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.