New ‘Indigo’ release promises to delight teachers and lecturers
Global learning technology leader D2L today announced ‘Indigo’ — the newest release of its Brightspace learning platform — one that further evolves the platform for all users by making it more intuitive and engaging while saving them time.
The Indigo release provides education users with the following capabilities.
New Grading Experiences – More Impactful Feedback & Assessments in Less Time
- Provide feedback faster across all courses. It’s easy to find and prioritise student submissions with the new Quick Eval tool.
- Make feedback relevant and impactful for students with annotations.
- Seamlessly evaluate and assess students with easy-to-create rubrics in Brightspace.
- Lecturers and teachers save time by performing outcomes assessments right in Brightspace.
Engage Students More Deeply
- The reimagined student experience includes intuitive and clear navigation, full-screen viewing, and progress and completion status — all accessible from any device.
- Lecturers can empower students to share their voice by allowing them to create posts in the activity feed — creating a collaborative and engaging classroom experience.
- Students can drive their own learning by being able to search, discover and self-enroll in courses in Brightspace.
- Keep students engaged and motivated with the new awards widget, available as an add-on, that shows them what awards they’ve earned and what they can earn next.
Data That Makes Sense
- Quickly get answers to the questions that are most important to your organisation with new interactive dashboards from Performance Plus.
- Educational administrators can see clearly how Brightspace is being used, by whom and in what ways with the new Adoption Dashboard—to celebrate successes and determine where to invest.
- Educational advisers can identify at-risk and succeeding groups and individuals to take appropriate action by using the new Engagement Dashboard.
- Educators and Instructional Designers can quickly evaluate the effectiveness of quizzes and quiz questions with the Assessment Quality Dashboard.
In addition, Indigo contains a number of other enhancements that educators will enjoy.
“As D2L enters its 20th year of helping change the way the world learns, our team is more focused, more innovative and more responsive to the needs of our growing global community of educators and learners than ever before,” said D2L President and CEO John Baker. “This latest release of Brightspace is evidence that we are leading the way as we enter our third decade of working with educators, on the mission of reaching every learner.”
What Our Users Are Saying
“Oh, I’m getting feedback from my students now too … they love it! No more deciphering cryptic text comments in the feedback box. I think you hit a home run with this one! Thanks for the continued improvements and for listening to your customers!!” – Lori Wendt, Parkland College
“I LOVE the improvements that they’ve made to rubrics. I mean really LOVE. The editor is very user-friendly, and I’m no longer dreading creating or updating rubrics!” – Jana Carter Parsons, English Department at Great Falls College, Montana State University
Brightspace is a cloud-based learning platform built by educators, for educators that works on any device. It’s secure, worry-free technology that puts customers first — allowing you to create engaging courses within your existing technology to fit your unique needs. With Brightspace, you can easily set up individualised learning paths for your students, keep them on track with automated nudges, provide them with personalised feedback and increase their engagement through gamification, social tools, video and other powerful features.
Brightspace is the only learning platform chosen as a partner of the National Federation of the Blind’s Strategic Nonvisual Access Partnership programme, which has been redesigned as their Centre of Excellence in Nonvisual Access. Brightspace was named the #1 LMS in Higher Ed by Ovum Research and #1 in Adaptive Learning by eLearning Magazine. Aragon Research also included D2L in its highly coveted Hot Vendors In Learning list. To learn more, visit the Higher Education and K-12 pages on our website.
D2L believes learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with organisations globally, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online and in the classroom. Learn more about D2L for schools, higher education and businesses at www.D2L.com.
UK PRESS CONTACTS
Jamie Waddell and Aga Grzyb
020 7017 8434
© 2019 D2L Corporation.
The D2L family of companies includes D2L Corporation, D2L Ltd, D2L Australia Pty Ltd, D2L Europe Ltd, D2L Asia Pte Ltd, and D2L Brasil Soluções de Tecnologia para Educação Ltda.
All D2L marks are trademarks of D2L Corporation. Please visit D2L.com/trademarks for a list of D2L marks.