Internet2 members to gain easy, affordable access to award-winning Brightspace LMS
D2L, a learning technology leader, is delighted to announce that it’s expanding its relationship with Internet2, a national research and education network, to deliver a portfolio of cost-effective and easy-to-access technology and services tailored to the unique needs of the Internet2 community.
Under the new agreement, more than 300 Internet2 member institutions in North America will have access to a customized version of D2L’s Brightspace LMS through Internet2’s NET+ Portfolio.
The new contract will help member institutions reduce costs and improve efficiencies by harnessing the collective capabilities and collective knowledge of the combined Internet2 Community. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 317 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 42 regional and state education networks, 80 leading corporations and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries.
“We are proud of our longstanding partnership with Internet2 and pleased to move it to the next level,” said D2L CEO John Baker. “Through this partnership we believe we can deliver the best LMS solution on the market to improve the education experience for students and increase learning outcomes for member institutions.”
“Our partnership with D2L is another prime example of how true collaboration between industry and Internet2 member institutions brings benefits far beyond just financial value to higher education through deep design and technical partnerships,” said Shel Waggener, Senior Vice President, Internet2. “Through NET+, campuses influence product design, share best practices in deployments, and identify success strategies for broad adoption that help institutions improve how they operate and better serve students, faculty and administrators.”
The Internet2 NET+ Brightspace LMS includes all the current features of Brightspace, as well as custom features and services developed specifically for Internet2’s member institutions.
The Internet2 NET+ Brightspace LMS Bundle Includes:
- Learning Environment:Easy, flexible, and smart teaching and learning tools, built-in accessibility adherence, powerful measurement and assessment options, and standards-based technology
- Learning Repository: A centralized library for uploading, storing, managing, and sharing content and learning resources
- ePortfolio: An online portfolio to expand learning engagement, networking, and collaboration
- Core Analytics and Advanced Analytics: The ability to drive strategic improvements and impactful decision-making based on actionable data
- Brightspace Data Platform:Near real-time reporting with data from across the entire learning ecosystem
- Bronze Support: Monday-through-Friday telephone support and the ability to submit incidents via email 24x7x365
- Smart Start Essentials Implementation: D2L as primary point of contact and materials to help guide a successful implementation
- Integrations:Standard SIS, HRIS, SSO and LDAP
- Basic Training:Live, virtual public administrator and instructor training tools training for Learning Environment, private training for both Learning Repository and ePortfolio, and basic Insights training. Also includes access to more than 400 video tutorials for all users.
D2L’s Brightspace is a digital learning platform that helps schools and institutions deliver personalized learning experiences in a classroom or online to people anywhere in the world. Created for the digital learner, Brightspace is cloud-based, runs on mobile devices, and offers rich multimedia to increase engagement, productivity and knowledge retention. The platform makes it easy to design courses, create content, and grade assignments, giving instructors more time to focus on what’s most important – greater teaching and learning. At the same time, analytics reports track and deliver insights into the performance levels of departments, courses, or individuals. Brightspace was recently named the #1 LMS in Higher Ed by Ovum Research and #1 in Adaptive Learning by eLearning Magazine. In addition, Aragon Research included Brightspace in its highly-coveted Hot Vendors In Learning list.
Internet2 is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation’s leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve shared technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research and community service missions. Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, with Internet2 Network Operations Center powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 317 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 42 regional and state education networks, 80 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries.
D2L is the software leader that makes the learning experience better. The company’s cloud-based platform is easier to use, more flexible, and smart. With Brightspace, companies can personalize the experience for every learner to deliver real results. The company is a world leader in learning analytics: its platform predicts learner performance so that companies can take action in real-time to keep employees on track. Brightspace is used by learners in higher education, K-12, and the enterprise sector, including the Fortune 1000. D2L has operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore. www.D2L.com