Are you a motivated Researcher who is passionate about creating delightful and usable experiences that help users become awesome?
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
We think we offer something unique:
- A supportive, talented, and collaborative community of User Experience Researchers and Product Designers; we learn from each other to develop the skills to do great work
- A maturing practice with growing tools, practices, and operations; we all get to inform the growth of our culture and practice
- Opportunities to conduct early research and exploration; we gain a deep understanding of the problems and help others develop empathy
- Balance and collaboration with our partners in Product Management and Development; we have a strong voice in our projects
- A chance to do meaningful work; we contribute to lifelong learning to change the way the world learns
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Understand research methods, when to use them, and how to apply them. This may include, but not be limited to usability testing, user interviews, surveys, and competitor analysis.
- Analyze and synthesize research data to accurately represent participants’ perspectives and experiences.
- Plan, design, and conduct research projects. Effectively undertake associated tasks such as participant recruitment and scheduling, producing test materials, setting up test environments, analyzing data, and delivering findings.
- Report and present process, research findings, and actionable design implications for various audiences in ways that are engaging and relevant.
- Learn and understand deeply the technology and features of the segments and products you’re working on.
- Proactively identify generative user research projects within your segments and products and engage the Research Manager or Senior UX Researchers for guidance and/or collaboration.
- Support and mentor Product Designers to conduct research and develop research skills.
- Collaborate with Product Designers in the creation of strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Evangelize research. Share insights with the broader organization and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
- Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation, and repositories; help maintain and promote the participant database.
- Contribute to the learning culture of our team where we continually grow in the practice and actively seek out opportunities to improve our skill sets and processes.
- Degree in related studies (Human Computer Interaction, Data Science, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, etc.)
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.