You will be a trusted advisor to D2L's foundation customers providing technical guidance for their infrastructure and current support issues; all while focusing on their operational and development systems.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted advisor to D2L's premier customers providing technical guidance for their infrastructure, on-going projects, and support issues; all while focusing on their operational and development systems. The TAM will provide a vital role in supporting customers' current and future environments, while keeping their success and satisfaction as a key business driver.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Work as a Named Resource for a group of Strategic D2L customers both proactively based on established metrics, and reactively based on direct customer engagement to provide augmented support to D2L customers including:
- Weekly summaries of open Support Incidents
- Run Weekly meetings to review and prioritize open Support Incidents.
- Act as an escalation point to customers.
- Engage D2L Project, Development, Deployment and Infrastructure Consulting teams to satisfy reporting and product needs on client's behalf.
- Organize and report on findings as directed to enrich internal processes.
- Deliver offerings as defined in the TAM program
- Work closely with support engineers, and Support Management and SaaS groups to ensure proper escalation and resolution processes are utilized
- Communicate proactively with Clients regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans where appropriate
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of D2L solutions.
- Research and expand working knowledge of current and upcoming D2L solutions based on specific Client needs.
- Leverage customer relationship to create and enhance internal processes to encourage better knowledge of and attention to customer needs.
- Awareness of and ability to support D2L in meeting client service level agreements
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role or a software services or technical role
- Understanding of and the ability to cloud technologies to discuss hosting environments and infrastructure (Servers, SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Platforms and server virtualization (VMware)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and/or other Database Technology
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Previous knowledge of learning management systems, preferably D2L
- Strong project organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills and conflict negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter, capable working independently and remotely
- Ability to think critically; to identify problems and to generate evaluates and implements real-time
- Ability to be on call in after hours situations
- Bilingual in Spanish and English essential
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a related field
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.