D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
D2L has the finest eLearning system and the top Learning and Creative Services team to support our clients. As Team Lead, you will be guiding our designers and developers to create online courses, interactive elements, and custom learning solutions. You will be working directly with our clients, incorporating their unique vision, objectives and culture.
How will I make an impact?
- Work independently or in groups on assigned technical projects writing efficient code
- Work closely with designers and other staff to produce web solutions
- Use a variety of programs and applications to develop, design, edit, test, maintain, and document solutions
- Ensure quality of work output is of the highest standard
- Work with clients to deliver world-class, quality solutions
- Establish clear lines of communication with colleagues
- Serve as an advisor for your functional team
- Participate in development of role principles, processes, and plans
- Collaborate through cross-functional teams to accomplish established corporate and team goals and effectively manage relationships with other D2L teams
- Responsible for supporting vision, planning and defining team objectives, and leading execution of objectives
- Work with management to drive productivity, efficiency, and hold team accountable for high quality outcomes
- Play key role with interviewing and onboarding new team members. Provide expertise and coaching/mentorship to the team members.
- Produce and actively participate in knowledge sharing as well as professional development initiatives
- Promoting a positive and effective work environment
- Collect, summarize, and share team activities, metrics, and other information on regular basis
- Work with all department teams to seek, share, and adopt ideas and best practices inside and outside the company to drive application of proper development and design strategies
- Gather and analyze client needs by conducting requirements analysis sessions or other appropriate means
- Lead the design of online program development using the features and functionality of D2L technology
- Drive innovation and continual improvement within the department
- Proactively look for opportunities to grow the business and provide value to existing clients and prospects through new and improved capabilities and practices across the team.
- Assist in the assignment of projects based on knowledge of team skills
- Assist with the management of the library of commonly used assets and design templates
- Handle client and internal escalations related to team capabilities
- Review, create, and update documentation and knowledge base articles for use by both staff and clients. Documentation responsibilities may include support troubleshooting guides, custom product documentation, internal process, client workbooks and other services related assets.
- Other duties may be assigned based on need
What You'll Bring:
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ensure web pages, solutions and/or components follow accessibility and design standards
- Lead and participate in an Agile or Waterfall [CB1] [RB2] development environment
- Familiar with code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Familiarity with Storyline and other e-learning authoring tools is considered an asset
- Experience in mentoring and technical leadership is required
- Diploma in web design, multimedia development, or a related field desirable
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.